Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 17 Mar 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Eight have a blast in Warsaw, Feb 2019. Travel home, Final thoughts and a link to Sandy’s photos.

Tuesday 18th February

Home time.
We were getting picked up at 12.30 so had the morning to sort ourselves out.
Steph went to the supermarket and came back with pastries for everyone. She also got 2 bottles of 100ml vodka for my Dd. She will be 18 in July and I’m doing a 18 things box for her, she said they could go in there.
Tracy needed to buy some cigars and Martin wanted a coffee so we took our cases to Sandy’s room and headed out. I went to the supermarket and brought 2 more bottles of small vodka for the airport and beers and wine to have a drink in the room.
We had to check out at 11 but we were able to pile in Sandy’s room until our mini bus arrived.

We walked to our pick up point, just along the road and our driver was there. It didn’t take long and we were pulling into the airport.
We went to a cafe just outside for a quick lunch.
I had a roll and a portion of chips, it was really cheap and tasted good.

Tracey and Kim went to check their cases in and we went through security with no problem. It was pretty small but luckily Linda got a table in the cafe. We had a quick look in duty free but didn’t buy anything. Martin got a coffee and we got diet cokes to go with my vodka. Also water got the plane.

The announcement came for our flight so we finished our drink. We then had to join a long queue for passport control. It was getting close to flight time and the queue wasn’t moving so Sandy asked how long it would take. She was told if they put out a final call we could go to the front. Debbie decided to have another look in duty free and of course we started moving then. Steph called her then went to look for her, Debbie came back laughing as Steph had been shouting and Debbie was coming out another exit.
The queues were all over the place but it didn’t take long to board and off we went.
Dd was taking her second theory test but it ended while we were flying.
The flight was fine and we landed before arrival time.
I got a message from Dd to say she had failed again, by one point and she was having a pity maccys and crying in the toilet.
Passport control was quick and luckily the cases came through by the time everyone had gone to the toilet. We called our driver, said our goodbyes to Kim and Martin and waited for the taxi to pull up. Journey home was easy, much nicer not to drive and we arrived at mums. We had a quick chat then I walked home to give Dd a hug and book another test (I’m happy to say she passed)

I love city breaks and this was high on my favorite list. The city was beautiful with so much history, it seemed like we did a lot but we only scratched the surface. I would recommend it and visit again. I just laughed so much, it reminded me of my first girls holiday to Turkey. Also for me it was fantastic catching up with Martin and reminiscing about college and our past adventures.
It was nice to try but I couldn’t eat all that rich food on the regular. My best meal was the salad!

Most of the photos are from Sandy’s phone. She has created an album with these and more on if anyone fancies a look.

photos.app.goo.gl/tFHNj6d5mbnE9BEu8

For the first time in years we haven’t got our Salou October trip booked. Dd is going to university in September so won’t have half terms and his year it is all about her and making sure she settles in.
Oh and I will be returning to Orlando next January so we have something to look forward to.

Thanks for reading.

Edited at 04:05 PM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Thanks again for sharing your trip - it all sounded wonderful!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Thanks again for sharing your trip - it all sounded wonderful!
Thank you for reading and your comments.
I really enjoyed it.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Brilliant read, and some beautiful pictures xx
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by shirley View Post
Brilliant read, and some beautiful pictures xx
Thank you. Sandy is great at taking photos, I love it when she comes away with us.