Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 17 Apr 19, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Safyre
Very Serious Dibber

The Haunting Sequel - Day 20 and 21 - Islands of Adventure and going home

Day 20 – Tuesday

It’s the last day, we’re going home!

Getting up was the usual struggle today, more so as we knew it was home day and we didn’t want to go. Well, not entirely. I miss my house, my dogs, my cats, my bed, and not walking miles every day in a theme park!

We managed to pack the last bits and pieces into the cases and took them out to the car. Dave got a trolley to take them from the lift to the car as it would have been hard without.

In the garage, Dave left me to supervise the empty luggage trolley while I put something in the car. So naturally, I sat in the trolley. Dave took me for a wee birl but there were a few people about and we didn’t want to get into trouble!

I had been stressing about not having done online check in for our flight as we didn’t have a printer. Then we found a check in area in the hotel. It was really convenient. You just select your airline and use your reference and surname to do it.

We noticed two empty extra leg room seats for no extra money, so we snagged them. Woo, no-one to recline on us this time!
We headed straight to Islands of Adventure. Dave was hungry so we went to Croissant Moon bakery for lunch. We both got ham and swiss croissants, Dave got a fruit tart and I got key lime cheesecake. We had coffee too, and it felt a bit more expensive than we really meant to be.

Our first ride was Spider Man. We had never done this before. It was surprisingly good. There was an actual ride as well as some 3D bits. A bit like Ratatouille in Paris. We enjoyed it.

We went to the pop eye area and onto the boat you walk around. It was a bit busy to get to spray people. Dave was gutted, as he wanted to soak people.

Then we stopped at the Kong area, we didn’t ride as we were worried about time now. Dave bought a new bag with lots of pockets for cameras.

We went to Hogwarts, and it was 5 minutes wait for Forbidden Journey.. There was a real scrum to get the lockers. When we got in, they made Dave sit on the opposite end to me, so we were split up. (I think the end seats are bigger) He was not a happy bunny. I noticed lots of bits that I hadn’t seen before, like when the dementors kiss you, you see your own face in the mist. Very cool.

It was even more of a scrum getting back to our locker. The CM was shouting not to bring your entire family into the locker area. We felt she was a bit rude to be honest.

We made our way round to Seuss Landing, and had a look around. We went on the train ride. It was fun trying to climb in! It was a nice quiet ride to end the trip on. I wanted to do more but we were really out of time.

We headed back to the hotel and picked up the car. We were very sad to be leaving after 3 weeks.

The drive to the airport was straightforward but a bit subdued, neither of us was very chatty.

We got into the airport and returned the car. We had about a dozen bottles of grape flavoured water left that we gave to the guys at the car garage.

When we checked our bags in, we asked about an upgrade, but it would have been $600 so we said no. Not even sure if that was total or each.

Once we got through security, we went to the lounge, Club at MCO. We had been here the last time we came. We went for a shower first. I had brought some small toiletries to wash my hair, but they had toiletries in the shower so I didn’t need to.

It felt quite nice to blow dry my hair for the first time in 3 weeks, I had been letting it dry. I put leggings and a baggy tshirt on, and felt like I was wearing jammies. Dave had really loose trousers and a big tee too, so felt really scruffy. Hate night flights.

The lounge was packed. Lots of people and lots of crying babies. It wasn’t the relaxing experience we hoped. It was nothing like the last time. We had some snacks, I had tomato soup which was lovely, and red pepper hummus with things to dip. We had coffee that was pretty rotten and some soda. We didn’t think it was worth the cost this time, yet we loved it the last time.

Before we knew it, it was time to board. We headed round, it was a short walk.
We were boarding group 3 for PE.

Once we got seated, a flight attendant came over to see me, as they had missed my boarding pass on the way in. I joked to Dave that they were giving us an upgrade. Shame.

We had some wine.

We debated using the sky cot as a leg rest but it was just too high.
Then my TV screen wouldn’t work. The hostess said she would reset it in the air. I just wanted to sleep now, I hate the flight home.
For 2 hours they tried resetting my TV. It didn’t work. I played some games on my phone.

The dinner came, a small salad of mozzarella, lettuce and tomato. The main was chicken which was ok. The dessert was supposed to be black forest gateaux. Believe me, it was not.

Then we had a lovely cup of tea.

Finally the head stewardess came over to see my TV. She got the handset thinking it was stuck. I suspected she thought I was sitting on it. Honestly, I thought that a little bit too.

But even with her holding the handset, it turned itself off and on again. She said ‘oh!’ and asked if it was just the two of us. She said she would move us up after the dinner. I didn’t make a fuss at all, I just asked once about my TV not working.

Next time she passed us, the seatbelt light was on. It was another half hour for her to come back. She did take us up tho. We got two seats together in the middle, facing backwards. My footrest actually didn’t work but I didn’t want to complain again.

I watched some Big Bang Theory, then tried to sleep. We didn’t have eye masks, so they brought us some. I don’t think I slept. Maybe half an hour. I tossed and turned a lot. The beds weren’t as comfy as I had imagined them. At least the TV worked. I’m so glad we got to try it out, but I don’t think I would pay for it.

The lights came on about 7am and they brought round some smoothies. It was very nice, I could have had another one. Then Dave’s breakfast came, fruit salad followed by a bacon roll. They went up one side, then down the other, meaning he had finished before I got anything.

When they gave me mine, Dave got an extra bacon roll.
Then we were getting ready to land, and my tray was still there. Dave was stressing, but I knew they had to check my seatbelt.
We were really tired by the time we got to Gatwick, then we had to get to Glasgow still.

We got on the flight to Glasgow, and I was out like a light. Woke up in Glasgow. No idea why I can sleep on a short flight, when I cant sleep on the long big.

My dad picked us up and took us home, where Daves dad had been dog sitting for us. One of our cases had been cracked on a corner. So we would have to claim it.

We stayed up as late as we could, despite dozing off a few times. We finally went to bed and slept for 14 hours.

How tired do we look!

Just some of our shopping!

Our video from Islands of Adventure is here:

And our travel video is here:
Old 19 Apr 19, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
littletink
Very Serious Dibber

I've loved all of your trip report - thank you for posting! 😃

Lindfields 2001 & 2005, West Stonebridge Christmas 2008
Disney Yacht Club, Marco Island, Duck Key & HRH August 2011, Lindfields & Rotonda Aug 2012 - HRH & Rotonda 2013 - HRH & Rotonda 2014 - NYC 2015 - AMI 2016 - Sunset Lakes/Rotonda 2017 - NYC/Bongo's!/AMI 2018 - Boardwalk-Rotonda-HRH 2019 - Rotonda 2023
littletink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Can’t believe you got upgraded because your tv didn’t work 👍🏻👍🏻
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Safyre
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by littletink View Post
I've loved all of your trip report - thank you for posting! 😃
Thank you for reading!
Old 1 Jun 19, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Smoosplace
Getting Excited

Mobile

I've really enjoyed reading and sitting in my garden with my headphones in watching your videos x thanks for taking the time x
Smoosplace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List