Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 Apr 19, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Louiseanne
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

As it’s just DD17 and I and we don’t want to be too tied down we’ve decided to go QSDP and use the gift card for a few sit down meals. There seems to be lot of choice on QSDP
Louiseanne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
You could do mainly buffets on ddp, they will always have nuggets in the kids section.

Places like Ohana will also accomodate and bring nuggets for kids.

Personally i like the sit down meals and see it as part of the experience.

To avoid feeling tied down some breakfast buffets can be nice, then use your Qs later on in the day.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
All the breakfast buffets have beautiful selections of fruit and i'm sure they would do toast if asked. There will be french toast.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxy101
Getting Excited

We did the DDP in 2017 we ate at some restaurants that we probably wouldn't of otherwise, however, we did find it really restrictive we always seemed to be rushing to make reservations. We had my daughters friend with us who was quite fussy & ate chicken nuggets a lot which was a total waste of 2 credits!

This year we are taking a more relaxed approach & doing QSDP we will pay for a few meals, looking forward to seeing how it works out
Old 21 Apr 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Eden
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We've done both and by far preferred QSDP
Though we had some great meal on the DDP we felt very tied to it, having to leave what we were doing and head to our reservation, eat even if we werent hungry, and spend quite a few hours of our holiday time sat in restaurants.
With the QSDP we could eat when we wanted, wherever we were, and what we fancied.
Also everything 'food wise' was paid before we left, the cost of tips can really add up, we would be looking at approx $50 a meal as a family of 5 per TS meal
2019 - Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
2024 - Clearwater/Orlando/Cheerleading Competition!
Eden is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
HermioneFuzzle
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by JK's Mummy View Post
Not sure. Suppose if we book a moderate resort we can just ask to upgrade at a later date if we want to. I need to make a list of table service places that serve chicken tenders to see if its worthwhile 🙈😂
You have stolen my life! We have to judge the calibre of a restaurant by whether they have Heinz ketchup available...
I think we may upgrade from qsdp to ddp but only for 2 reasons. We are only planning on staying at a moderate hotel for 6 nights. Then doing a few weeks offsite so we can eat out when we feel like it and not be tied to reservations.
We had breakfast at chef Mickey’s last year. $240 dollars for 3 “adults” and a child before tip. We’d only need to do 2 character meals and the ddp will have paid for itself.
HermioneFuzzle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimers2018
Getting Excited

We did DDP last year 2 adults and DD 16 for 2 weeks . We loved the sit down at the end of a full day in the park. Table service and nice food. Then we did a week at universal OOP. We decided that the tips we paid in the first two weeks were well worth the DDP. We did at least 4 character meals and a signature which wd have cost a whole lot OOP or we may well not have done them.
Firsttimers2018 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
tinks333
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by JK's Mummy View Post
Not sure. Suppose if we book a moderate resort we can just ask to upgrade at a later date if we want to. I need to make a list of table service places that serve chicken tenders to see if its worthwhile 🙈😂
I am pretty sure there is a recent trip report called something like "we're going to mickey mouse world" whose youngest son has asd and is a fussy eater. I am sure they had ddp. It was a great trip report so may be worth a look?

We're faced with the same dilemma qsdp or ddp. . . I am leaning towards ddp to take advantage of character meals and reserved seating for Fantasmic and parades etc. . .

Happy planning!

Edited at 05:00 PM.
tinks333 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
tray22
Excited about Disney

We've done DDP twice - definitely opting for QSDP next time. We enjoyed the food a lot more and the flexibility. Most of our TS meals were ok - not brilliant.
tray22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Have done DDP and QSDP (and OOP). Did DDP last year and this year I’m enjoying not having to think about how to use up all those TS credits. Just picking a couple to pay for OOP. The booking and lack of flexibility every day is a bit of a bind. Also although we got good value by doing lots of character meals (on the basis that we probably wouldn’t get the DDP again) the tips add up particularly at character buffets- which I kind of resent considering basically bring you a drink!
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List