Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 22 Apr 19, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Fawkes
Helping Mickey

Will We Actually Get There - Day 8 - Universal Studios

Breakfast in the villa as usual today. We set off and arrived at Universal at 8.45am. Again we couldn't get disabled parking so had to pay for preferred. Parked in King Kong.

We headed in down city walk, stopping on the way to make a dinner reservation at Bubba Gumps.

The first ride up was Minion Mayhem, I didn't think i'd like it but it was actually quite good. DD was happy she got to meet the minions after.

We then headed over the road for Shrek 4d. Which everyone enjoyed, apart from my mum when the spiders came under the seats.

Then me, DH, BIL and uncle went on Rip Ride Rockit, DD was tall enough but didn't fancy this one! We went on single rider and practically walked on. I'm obviously very cool and chose MC Hammer as my sound track, I was also proposition by the young man I ended up sat next to - he said "I hope you're not a screamer", he only looked about 18, don't think he realised what I found funny!

We then walked round with the intention of doing Men in Black but it was closed so we went on The Simpsons Ride instead, it was OK but not my cup of tea, DD loved it though, she's big into the Simpsons atm.
We then had lunch, where else but Krusty Burger, clogger burgers all around.

In an attempt to not see our lunch again we decided a nice steady ride on ET was in order. I love this it's an oldie but a goodie. Heading back around the park towards Diagon Alley we went on Men In Black, I came second with 59000 points. BIL got 72000!

Heading into Diagon Alley our first stop was Ollivanders for a wand. DD went for Hermione's wand.

We then had a wander round trying the wand. We also tried butterbeer which was disgusting and I bought as much Dobby merchandise as I could find, and a Gryffindor hoodie.

The next stop to appease the non Harry Potter lovers amongst us (the menfolk! ) we headed to Fast & The Furious, I took photo's of the cars in the queue, that was the best part of the ride, it was rubbish, neither Fast nor Furious.

After this we split up, DD, DH and BIL went on Transformers, which DH deemed the best 3D ride of the whole holiday. The rest of us went on the Mummy as single riders. I remembered why I don't like this ride when the scarab beetles came crawling towards me.
We then wandered through the shops and met up at the exit.

Headed up to Bubba Gumps for tea, think nearly everyone had the coconut shrimp. We also managed to answer all of the questions correctly, even if my mum did look confused, turns out she's never seen Forrest Gump, and you think you know someone...…

Back to the villa for some wine, then bed.
Fawkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Fab day at universal!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 19, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I love Universal, can’t believe you didn’t like the butter beer-nothing like a frozen one sitting on the steps of Diagon Alley! Sounds like you all had a good day...Fast & the Furious definitely could be better but it grows on you when your forced to go on it a million times, honest!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List