Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Apr 19, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I think when you pay direct debit, you need to keep an eye on your online account (I assume you can do that with EDF also). We normally check ours faithfully but since switching to Flow, we didn’t bother and now find our monthly direct debit has risen from £195 to £250. I am annoyed that they have taken a while to let us know our payments weren’t coving our usage but equally can’t moan too much as we could have checked ourselves😳
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by louiseybobs View Post
We've been with EDF for 2 years now.

So this time last year April 2018 we were in credit with them by £150, and going into the summer they put our monthly cost down to £16, (we were paying £40) when September 2018 came, we checked online ready to start paying more for winter coming, and we owed them £200

So they put our monthly payment up to £50

Now I've checked the online banking this morning, they've taken £200 from us, Johns checked our online account with them and we owe them £600...

How can this happen
How often do you give meter readings? You can give your own online at any time to generate a current bill.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 03:07 AM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

We are with EDF & BG; both are on a quarterly bill.

Each month I go in & pay an amount to them both via my bank account online bill payment; around £35 to EDF in spring/summer & £45 in autumn/winter; around £35 to BG in spring/summer & £65 in autumn/winter.

When the quarterly bill comes in, I give them a correct reading if needed (takes 2 mins, I’ve refused all offers of a smart meter) & get an updated bill amount; I’m usually within £25-30 of the bill; was once £1 within the bill!

We’re a 3 bed house.
scooby99 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by ROBBOTOO View Post
How often do you give meter readings? You can give your own online at any time to generate a current bill.
Its my partner that does it on his phone last year he did it at the beginning of autumn and then beginning of spring. Sounds like we should probably do it once a month.
Old 24 Apr 19, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

EDF are a PITA! We have dualfuel with them and have done for 11 years! We’ve always paid £110 per month then a few years ago someone came to read the meter in the summer. As the usage was much lower they lowered our DD to £50 and refunded the credit balance. It took a weeks of arguing with them to put it back to £110 as we like being in credit so that we aren’t racking up a bill after winter.

It’s been like this now every year. They reduce it, I email, they Increase it again.

My advice is to do your own meter readings every 6 months so that you can track your usage.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

So easy to do nowadays that reading monthly is the best option. Typically if you are just in credit at the end of March then the payments are about right for the year.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

I would imagine that somewhere on your online bill it said they were increasing your payment. You really need to submit monthly readings so your energy bills and payments are accurate.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List