Notices

Old 17 Jul 16, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
neverbeen
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Talking Christmas Cheer with the Mouse

Hello everyone! It's been a while since I've been on here and lots has changed in the Neverbeen household.

The major things being that my husband and I are no longer together and I now have a beautiful grandson who is 18 months old and is unbelievably wonderful .

It's now been over two years since we did anything remotely Disney and I have quite severe withdrawal symptoms so it was decided that we'd try and book a pre-Christmas treat as our previous holiday was such a success (see A Magical Start to Christmas - shameless plug)

This year we've booked three rooms in the Santa Fe as it worked out the cheapest and we've never stayed here before.

The cast:
Me - now nearing 41 and soon to be divorced. Disney obsessive and keen planner
DD1 - 18 years old and will be at Uni by the time we go
DD2 - Proud mum of the aforementioned gorgeous toddler
DS1 - Still a bit wimpy when it comes to rides but excited about going back
DM - Couldn't leave my lovely mum behind - Sciatica free atm and hoping to stay that way!
SIS - My lovely little sis will be coming with us (and her family) We went to Florida together in 2012 but haven't Disney'ed together since
BIL - I'm not convinced how keen he is to go back but I'm sure he'll have fun
DN1 - Not sure of the abbreviations here! Darling Niece 1 is a fellow Dibb member (Cheyenne Kadlec) and Disney nut and nearly as good at planning as me
DN2 - Darling Niece 2 is quite chilled and happy to go with the flow
DN3 - Darling Nephew is becoming a young man now and will be 16 by the time we go. It makes me feel very old!
AF1 - Additional Friend 1 struggling with abbreviations lol. DN1's boyfriend and annual pass holder - think he's scared to go away with us, he braved it last year in Bulgaria but he had his best friend with him...
AF2 - Additional Friend 2 - my Nieces'' best friend. They've all hung out together since primary school and both my girls get on well with her too.
And last but not least - DGS - my super duper gorgeous darling grandson who will be nearly 2 when we arrive. He'll be exactly the same age as my son when we first went to DLP in 2002.

So that's the cast all taken care of. I've managed to book the Disney direct Eurostar at a bargain price of £81 per person. I'm working on the day of departure so I'll have to hop on an indirect train later that evening and join them. The plan is that they will have all checked in and sorted the hotel and unpacked so I can just arrive and join them for dinner at the Mickey Café. I plan to book this nearer the time.

Other meal plans include Plaza Gardens, Rainforest Café and lunches at Colonel Hathi's and Restaurant Des Stars. The idea is to all do our own thing during the day and then meet up for eats and cocktails in the evening.

I'll update more as things are sorted. Hope you've all enjoyed reading

Now off to pack for my Canary Islands holiday on Tuesday YAY!

Jun02 DLP Hotel Cheyenne *Nov04 DLP Explorers *Feb06 DLP Explorers *July/Aug12 WDW Highlands Reserve *Jul13 DLP Adagio *Dec13 DLP Cheyenne *Jul14 DLP Kyriad *Dec16 DLP Santa Fe *Aug18 DLP Adagio *Dec18 DLP Adagio Jun19 DLP *Aug22 DLP Sequoia Lodge *Dec22 DLP Adagio
neverbeen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List