Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 6 Feb 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Rosey203
Excited about Disney

I use the uber app over here a lot - will I be able to continue using that in the US, and the cards linked to it etc, or will i need to redownload a different US one?
Rosey203 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rosey203 View Post
I use the uber app over here a lot - will I be able to continue using that in the US, and the cards linked to it etc, or will i need to redownload a different US one?
its the same account, same app, works exactly the same way with your own existing account .
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 19, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Invisible Man
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by reddwarfposse5 View Post
Thank you
Invisible Man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 19, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

If I wanted to use an uber after MNSSHP am I better off getting it from the Contemporary Resort?
Also will there be a surcharge because we will want to be going back after midnight to our resort at Universal? A bit like taxis over here who charge extra on Sunday and after a certain time?
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
toddy22
Getting Excited

Sorry if this has been asked before.
Is it possible to link a prepaid card to your Uber account. Have read some stories about $150 charges etc and was thinking of minimising the chances by only loading $50 a time on prepaid card.
toddy22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 19, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
ally1966
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by toddy22 View Post
Sorry if this has been asked before.
Is it possible to link a prepaid card to your Uber account. Have read some stories about $150 charges etc and was thinking of minimising the chances by only loading $50 a time on prepaid card.
Yes it is, I have my Revolut card linked to my Uber account and used it to pay all our fares over there.
Old 22 May 19, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Slowwinger
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Has anyone from the UK used Uber and only used the free Wifi that's around parks restaurants etc? Have read about not moving once booked an Uber so for example if you book in the park and once outside the parks your outside the WiFi range is it a problem? Not sure if its worth getting a new SIM so would like to hear peoples experiences. Thanks.
Slowwinger is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
I love walmart
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by Slowwinger View Post
Has anyone from the UK used Uber and only used the free Wifi that's around parks restaurants etc? Have read about not moving once booked an Uber so for example if you book in the park and once outside the parks your outside the WiFi range is it a problem? Not sure if its worth getting a new SIM so would like to hear peoples experiences. Thanks.
Not in Orlando, but on our west coast trip I only used free WiFi. It was a bit of a nightmare at times. Poor quality free WiFi was an issue and I couldn’t even get the site to load properly. Other times I would order an Uber then have an issue finding the car and because I’d moved away from the WiFi couldn’t track the car.
I decided that if I go again I will take a spare phone with a sim that’s loaded with data specifically for stuff like ordering Uber.
I love walmart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Rapunzel27
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Sorry if this has already been asked, but has anyone bought say a UK uber gift card and put it on your app and then been able to use that within the USA? Thanks.
Old 30 Sep 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Slowwinger
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Is it better to link a paypal account to the app or a cc with no transaction fees.
Slowwinger is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List