Old 1 Apr 19, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Abi, Aaron & Edith's first stay at DLP! Pre travel day

So our holiday was finally upon us! For those who didn’t see my thread in the few days leading to the trip we did have a bit of a worry by way of the dreaded Chicken Pox! 4 days before we were due to drive to Folkstone, Maisie, the 3 year old travelling in our party broke out in spots! It was a crazy couple of days, trying to work out what to do if Edith came down with it, working out whether the vaccination would work in time. In the end, we did get her vaccinated as it was confirmed that as long as it was administered within 3-5 days of exposure it has a 90% chance of working.

The Dr had said Maisie was safe to travel if all her spots had scabbed over in time and luckily she did only have a very mild dose and by travel day, we were all happy she was fit to travel.

I was at work for the morning but as Aaron, Edith and I were all awake early, we decided to make the most of it and have breakfast at our local Beefeater. It’s a Premier Inn breakfast and well worth the money imo. Edith wasn’t too hungry which I put down to her having the jab the day before. Aaron and I had a good fill and then we quickly popped to Sainsburys to get our Euros. We got caught out here though as the Bureau de Change didn’t open till 9.30am and I was in work at 9am. We decided we would have to stop again on our way down later. We did pick up a few bits from Sainsburys and then we head off in different directions, me to work & Aaron home to pack.

Work dragged of course but at 1pm I was set free and drove home to finish the last bits of packing. By 2pm we were on the road to the Premier Inn Folkstone, getting our currency & filling up with fuel on the way. The drive was a nightmare, it took 3hr 40 minutes with lots of traffic around the Slough area. Edith slept for most of it and then was happy watching Paw Patrol on the IPAD so that made everything a lot easier. We arrived at 6pm and quickly freshened up and then met Sarah, James and Maisie at the Brickfield Tavern, the restaurant linked with the hotel.

This was one of those places where there was so much choice on the menu, you wondered how it could all be good. We stuck to burgers and ribs between us with a few side orders and to be honest, it was great. We had a lovely server too who was a star, she really played to the kids. Beers were had for James and Aaron and puddings for the kids and Sarah / Aaron. The waitress asked us if we had a voucher at the end of the meal, when we said no she winked at us and bought the bill over with a whopping 40% off our main courses! Such a lovely thing to do so we tipped her well.

We were all in our rooms by 8.30pm. we gave Edith a bath, popped her in her travel cot and prayed that she would sleep! We turned all the lights out and pretended we were all going to sleep and within 10 minutes she was fast asleep.

abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 19, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m sooooo excited you’ve posted this
Wow Edith has grown so much, she’s a proper little girl, beautiful.
Thomas had his CP vaccination on Saturday and luckily has been fine so far x
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 19, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Enchanted View Post
I’m sooooo excited you’ve posted this
Wow Edith has grown so much, she’s a proper little girl, beautiful.
Thomas had his CP vaccination on Saturday and luckily has been fine so far x
She has grown up so fast, I look at her daily and wonder where my baby has gone

Her illness was diagnosed as Roseola and nothing to do with the CP jab. Its been too weeks now and that' when they said she could break out in a mind dose but nothing so far! Fingers crossed.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 19, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Oh what a great result with the 40% off! The food looked great too!

Excited to read more
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List