Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

Originally Posted by flo-tinka View Post
Thanks for doing this. Really helpful as as me and DD 11 are staying Cheyenne next week

Was the footpath from Cheyenne to Disney Village shut while you were there or a different footpath?
I’m just trying to work out whether I’ve been clever asking Cheyenne for a room near the park end of the hotel in an email earlier today (or will that be a pointless request as we have to go back and cross the bridge to Santa Fe first?)
The foot path was closed. We crossed the river on the bridge over to Santa fe and walked along that side of the river.
Fingers crossed they ignore your email. Hope you have a brilliant time.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

They did ignore my mail or at least put us really central so we could use the bridge over👍😀
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by flo-tinka View Post
They did ignore my mail or at least put us really central so we could use the bridge over👍😀
Hurrah! It would have been really annoying to have to double back on yourself.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 20, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Reading this is bringing back so many memories... I'll probably reminisce all the way through your report. I had a girls only trip to DLP with my daughters when they were young - the trip was a disaster really, lots went wrong but reading this I'm remembering good things too. We went on the teacups, and wandered through Alice's maze. We also rode the Snow White ride on a day when my youngest was wearing her Snow White dress and she was terrified that the witch would think she really was Snow White and would come after her. Poor thing, she was looking over her shoulder the whole day and wouldn't wear the dress again while we were there!

However, back to your report The travel all sounds very smooth, apart from turning up a bit early. Better that than late though. So much easier than all the faff that goes with flying. Lots of snacking... always acceptable on holiday.

Your hotel room is cute - it's a shame the curtains let it down. It seems a great location too, with being able to walk to the parks. It's really nice that you were able to get into them straight away after dumping your cases (Figment included ). Some fun rides to start your DLP trip, and good avoidance tactics for the parade.

I have to say the food looks fine for your evening meal... it obviously didn't taste as good as it looked! Glad to hear your meals were better from here on in.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 20, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Reading this is bringing back so many memories... I'll probably reminisce all the way through your report. I had a girls only trip to DLP with my daughters when they were young - the trip was a disaster really, lots went wrong but reading this I'm remembering good things too. We went on the teacups, and wandered through Alice's maze. We also rode the Snow White ride on a day when my youngest was wearing her Snow White dress and she was terrified that the witch would think she really was Snow White and would come after her. Poor thing, she was looking over her shoulder the whole day and wouldn't wear the dress again while we were there!

However, back to your report The travel all sounds very smooth, apart from turning up a bit early. Better that than late though. So much easier than all the faff that goes with flying. Lots of snacking... always acceptable on holiday.

Your hotel room is cute - it's a shame the curtains let it down. It seems a great location too, with being able to walk to the parks. It's really nice that you were able to get into them straight away after dumping your cases (Figment included ). Some fun rides to start your DLP trip, and good avoidance tactics for the parade.

I have to say the food looks fine for your evening meal... it obviously didn't taste as good as it looked! Glad to hear your meals were better from here on in.
Being able to reminisce is one of my favourite things about reading trip reports, so reminisce away! A lovely memory about riding Snow White while dressed up as her, I'm not surprised she was worried. Plus your reading and commenting now has given me the opportunity to revisit this trip as well .

That first day with all the snacking on the train and our couple of hours in the park in the evening were great. We were very lucky with the weather for mid February it was a lovely sunny Sunday.

The room was perfect for the two of us, lots of little Toy Story touches. Walking to the parks was a huge bonus, it took us 15 minutes in the morning, but more like 25 on the way home when we were weary! Still, it was great to not have to rely on buses.