Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 6 Apr 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Thanks for the idea Disney Dizzy. I've gone for it. As you say, for the price we can always leave if it's not for us.

Really looking forward to it.
Old 7 Apr 19, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Bullpeppar
Imagineer

Bullpeppar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Disney Dizzy View Post
I’ve been waiting to book tickets for a baseball game. Had hoped to see the Fort Myers Miracles whilst visiting Cape Coral but for the 5 nights we are there they only have away games so we are having to go to see the Charlotte Stone Crabs. Booked four tickets for Sunday 4th August and have got parking and 2nd row seats behind the batter for the grand total of $0 - can’t get better than that
We have seen the Stone Crabs played half a dozen times now when we stay in Rotonda and we have always had a blast. The entertainment value is amazing and you will thoroughly enjoy it. I actually caught a fly ball on our second visit and this was just class. I normally have a few beers and DW drives but everyone just gets involved in the whole occasion and boy is it good. Enjoy

DLP-Santa Fe '01DLP-Cheyenne '03Quality Inn Jul'05 Oak Plantation Resort-Jul'07-3wksDLP-Sequoia Dec'08Hamlet Crt-Jul'09-3wksHamlet Crt,NY,HRH-Jul'11-3wksRPR & Rotonda-Jul'12 Hamlet Crt,Rotonda-Jul'13-3wksRPR,Hamlet Crt,Rotonda-Jul'14Watersong,RPR,Rotonda Jul'15-3 wksWatersong,RPR,Rotonda-Jul'17-3wks LGI, Watersong,RPR-July ‘19
Bullpeppar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bullpeppar View Post
We have seen the Stone Crabs played half a dozen times now when we stay in Rotonda and we have always had a blast. The entertainment value is amazing and you will thoroughly enjoy it. I actually caught a fly ball on our second visit and this was just class. I normally have a few beers and DW drives but everyone just gets involved in the whole occasion and boy is it good. Enjoy
Sounds fantastic!
Old 8 Apr 19, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Dizzy
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bullpeppar View Post
Brilliant! Thank you for the feedback.
2013 - OKW - 20th Anniversary
2019 - 4 week Big Birthday Bonanza
Disney Dizzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Mole83
Serious Dibber

Mobile

We just booked tickets for the Florida fire frogs, not MLB but should be a fun evening out.
Mole83 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

I've been watching it on TV, as well as googling, this week to get an inkling of the rules and the scoreboard.

It'll definitely help me to know a bit before our holiday.
Old 11 Apr 19, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
scottish mama
VIP Dibber

We've been going to the Stone Crabs games for about the last 5 years and the kids are quite disappointed we'll be missing out this year as we're going further up the coast.
Yes, it can be a long time sitting with not much action, but they have little fun games (best dancer, burger frisbee) on after each innings so it's quite entertaining. If nothing else, you can say you've seen it.
I'd sat take a cushion as you're sitting a long time and the seats aren't that comfy. I also take a fan as it gets really hot & humid. Look out for things like $2 Tuesday where everything, including beer, costs yep, $2. They also have fireworks some evenings, and promotions like a free lunchbag.

Edited at 11:19 PM.
scottish mama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by scottish mama View Post
We've been going to the Stone Crabs games for about the last 5 years and the kids are quite disappointed we'll be missing out this year as we're going further up the coast.
Yes, it can be a long time sitting with not much action, but they have little fun games (best dancer, burger frisbee) on after each innings so it's quite entertaining. If nothing else, you can say you've seen it.
I'd sat take a cushion as you're sitting a long time and the seats aren't that comfy. I also take a fan as it gets really hot & humid. Look out for things like $2 Tuesday where everything, including beer, costs yep, $2. They also have fireworks some evenings, and promotions like a free lunchbag.
Sounds great. Thanks for the cushion tip.