Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Accommodation
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info
Unread 16 Apr 19, 06:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Indie
a Friend of the DIBB

Mobile Villa prices

Is it just me or as villa prices doubled in price the last couple of years . Maybe because last year we stayed on a new development. We have been going to Orlando for the past 27 years, staying on different developments , too many to mention .From 4 bed to 9 bed!
Last year ( we went twice) and was the first time we encountered service charges at over 600 pounds! Not including the cleaning fee, insurance fee, ( ok pool heating is normal) plus a couple of normal local tax etc . This shot up the villa price a 2600 (5bed) up to 3400. We are trying to find a 5 bed for this June and finding the actually night price advertised actually doubles in price once you press the book button! Any advice most welcome . Thank you
Indie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 19, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Choose a Dibb villa! Pricing and fees seem way more reasonable and you have so many to choose from, I found a lovely one at Sunset Lakes here on dibb, villa Santa Cruz.

americanvilla/
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
DAYS UNTIL I AM BANKRUPT AGAIN!
Unread 16 Apr 19, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
What are service charges, Ive never heard of an owner charging service charges! Are you booking through a website like Homeaway where they are adding on massive fees for yourself and the owners? You need to book direct with the owner, I think youll be pleasantly surprised!

Our villa video http://findadisneyvilla.com/videotour.html

License number DWE 6308837
Monitored alarm and safe
Finding Dory bedroom
Fabulous 50's Diner themed games room with pool table, air hockey, fooseball and giant chess.
Gas BBQ
Free National and International calls
Cable TV in all bedrooms
55 inch, 4K smart TV, Netflix enabled
2 cots, 2 strollers, 2 high chairs
Please read our absolutely amazing Dibb reviews

Edited at 07:25 AM.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Home where I belong!
Unread 16 Apr 19, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Indie
a Friend of the DIBB

Mobile

We used to book direct but now cant seem to find any sites. Will look on the DIBB thank you !
Indie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 19, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Magnificent
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
What are service charges, Ive never heard of an owner charging service charges! Are you booking through a website like Homeaway where they are adding on massive fees for yourself and the owners? You need to book direct with the owner, I think youll be pleasantly surprised!
Seems to increasingly common on HomeAway. The other day, I did a benchmarking exercise of my 'direct' price for Treefield Retreat vs other 8 bed villas sleeping 16 on HomeAway for some dates; for one set of dates there were 5 where the base price was cheaper than the price on my website.

But all 5 had significant fees taking the price way higher and 3 in particular had some really high fees over $900. (For example, owner fees: $640.00 of which Additional guests $280.00, Administrative Fee $175.00, Cleaning Fee $185.00 and Service Fee $263.00.)

While I firmly believe that an owner should be covering costs (my villas are basically priced at cost) to be able to give the guest confidence the owner won't have had to sell or won't have been repossessed by the time their stay comes around I think it is better to be upfront about the costs. However, this does seem to be the way of the bigger sites, a lower base price to reel you in and then lots of additions.

TREEFIELD VILLAS
EACH ONE A MAGNIFICENT PLACE TO STAY!

3 bed 2 bath
Treefield Villa at High Grove
The model home on the fabulous High Grove community!

5 bed 4 bath
Treefield Reserve at Town Center Resort
Only home w/lake, conservation, balcony, south pool, total privacy & 10 seat theatre

8 bed 5 bath
Treefield Retreat at Legacy Park
Only 8 bed w/conservation, theatre, 16 seat diner & private pool deck

01902 496562
07981 064918
enquiries@treefield.co.uk
www.treefield.co.uk
Magnificent is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Treefield Reserve then Treefield Retreat
Unread 16 Apr 19, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
talk talk
Helping Mickey

We also noticed a hike in villa prices this year up from 1400 for 2 weeks in a 4 bed in a community in 2017 to 2000 this year. Home and away dont include all the taxes/cleaning etc until you go to book but at the end of the day its the total you have to pay that counts. We found Airbnb to be cheaper and tend to have the total cost when you first compare.
Lindfields Villa - November 1998
Terra Verde Villa - June 2019
talk talk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Florida, here we go again
Unread 16 Apr 19, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We have found booking via the Dibb to be the cheapest and easiest way to book.

AirBNB has a lot of last minute choice though if you cant find anything suitable here
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.
Unread 16 Apr 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Magnolia dream
Gone all Goofy

We had repeat guests stay last month that came direct to us this year, they said it was a real eye opener how much extra they were charged with fees etc, they thought us villa owners got those fees. They said it worked out a couple free nights booking direct with us.
Trouble is as they told me, if you don't how to book direct then you just assume to go with the big companies.
Florida Tix