Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
You will get soaked - Day 4 - 13.04.19

You will get soaked - Day 4 - 13.04.19

Index

I was awake first at 7.15, followed by the others about half an hour later.

We mastered the coffee machine at the Royal Pacific and had coffee and Donuts whilst getting ready.

We caught the boat in at 10am even though IOA was our plan. We had swim stuff under our clothes and our plan was to do the water rides.

We reactivated the cups and it turned out that they had given us 2 days each on the cups rather than till 2am.

We started off with One fish 2 fish. We adore this ride, it’s so much fun! Ds went on with df while I waited and I just happened to notice the cat In the hat and thing 1 & 2 came over for a meet and greet. Well I happened to be wearing my cat in the hat top and there was a universal photographer with them so I took myself into the line. This was great as I’d come out without my phone.

Once Df had finished being soaked by ds I went on with him and tried to soak him, he’s so jammy that I only got him the once.

Next up Jurassic Park, now last year ds took a bit of a wobbly about the drop and the restraints and refused to ride this even though he has ridden it loads before. So I was a little sceptical but he was fine.

We swerved Dudley do right as we are not fans and headed on to barges. This is so much fun, you could not get wetter though even if someone just threw you into a bath. We were drenched so what else to do other than ride it again and laugh at the people riding it for the first time who think they might not get wet. Well we ended up riding it 5 times in a row.

As we walked or squelched our way out of the park we filled up the cups and bought some pizza pretzels and churros to keep us going. The pizza pretzels were fantastic, sorry no pictures though.

We walked back to the hotel and spent a few hours in the pool, the volleyball net was back up so ds was happy.

Later on we got the boat back to citywalk and decided on an early dinner at NBC Bar and Grill before heading back into the parks.

As we got off the boat we noticed the Voodoo Donut chair was no longer fenced off.

We were seated straight away by a seater who could not crack a smile. However, our server was absolutely lovely.

Df had a corona, I had a grapefruit beer and ds had a Fanta.

We never get passed the starters and tonight was no exception.

We had Parmesan fries which were delicious.

The chilli loaded nachos which were very nice but were absolutely huge. I got a bit bored eating them. Ds thought these were awesome.

The cheese curds - we love these so much, so unhealthy, you can feel your arteries gardening with every one but on my they are superb.

The chicken and bacon flatbread was nice as well.

We left happy, so much food and I thought the dinner was good value.

We did remember the passholder discount but I took a photo of the bill without it by mistake.

As we were heading into IOA we noticed a fair few teens in formal wear especially over towards Hard Rock so I’m assuming there must have been some sort of prom happening there.

As we entered into the park we began the usual debate of what ride will we start with and as usual we ended up in Suess Landings and started with the Suess trolley in the sky, as far away from the hulk as you can get. This was a 20 minute wait but with express it wasn’t more than 5 minutes.

Everything was much busier tonight than it had been, even the freestyle machine as you enter was lacking in loads of choices, always the sign of a busy park.

It was when we entered Hogsmede that you could totally see the difference in crowd levels from the last couple of days. Strangely enough we have never been inside Ollivanders to see the wand ceremony thing so we decided to do this tonight. Ds was panicking when he realised this was possibly interactive if you got picked. And he was picked, he really enjoyed it and it was a fun experience to watch. The most magical bit though is how they do you out of $50 for a new wand though.

Afterwards we went on flight of the Hippogriff this was about a 10 minute wait with express pass. It’s a long time since I’ve ridden this. It was fine.

Into Hogwarts now for Forbidden Journey again.

After we hung around as we wanted to see the Hogwarts lights. They say from dusk but to me dusk was 8pm but the first show was at 8.20 then 8.40 and 9pm.

We’d waited a while only to be told 5 minutes before the show started that we couldn’t stay where we were. By this point they’d roped off one whole side of Hogsmede with team members stationed all the way down do at first it looked like there was no where to go. We spotted a gap and asked a team member if we go in as we’d just been moved from further up so luckily we ended up with a good space. I really like this and am looking forward to seeing what the dark arts projection show is like assuming it comes to Orlando. Df loved this so at least it was worth the wait.

We had hoped to do Dr Doom and Hulk in the dark before leaving but it was quite clear now there would not really be time for both so we chose Doom. Ds again opted to sit this one out while df and I went on twice. It was empty in the express pass so the team member just let us go on again rather than going all the way back to the start of the line. I loved this in the dark as did df. To think I was scared of this ride for 17 years.

Storm force had no wait and ds likes this so we finished off with this as our last rode of the night.

On the way out we were nice and did a survey for universal about our experience today.

We took a slow walk back to the hotel and decided it would be good to figure out the inside walk to sapphire falls as we were checking into Aventura in the morning.

I knew we had to walk through the two convention centres. This was totally like the shining - I kept expecting a wee boy on a trike to be cycling around. We bumped into a member of staff who confirmed it was fine for us to be wandering around. The convention rooms are massive in fact the corridors themselves are absolutely massive.

It felt like a very long walk but in reality it’s not bad at all and is way preferable to the walking path.

You can tell when you have left one hotel and cross into the other as the carpets change.

Unfortunately for ds he was a perfect match to the Sapphire Falls convention centre carpet as is illustrated here. If you look closely you can see ds blends away into the carpet.

I was up for heading to the bar and getting a drink but ds was having none of it and was needing his bed.
Old 22 Apr 19, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I love that you rode 5 times in a row. You're right you might as well if you're wet already and it is a lot of fun. It sounds like you had a great time.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I love that you rode 5 times in a row. You're right you might as well if you're wet already and it is a lot of fun. It sounds like you had a great time.
Exactly, it’s little things like that that really make you appreciate the express pass and onsite stay. We’d have been squelching all day otherwise.
Old 24 Apr 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafour
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Haha 😂 not only do they do you out of $50 for a new wand your child never ever picks it up again once back in the UK. Another great day 👍
Floridafour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Floridafour View Post
Haha 😂 not only do they do you out of $50 for a new wand your child never ever picks it up again once back in the UK. Another great day 👍
It's all part of the magic

He has 2 wands now, might bring them both back in the summer, not that I can get the spells to work.
Old 27 Apr 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Great day!
Cinderella is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I love Barges too, I live in hope that Kali River Rapids will have a major refurb one day and make it a proper rapids ride, I feel like Kali never really gets going.

Did DS buy the wand that chose him or did he choose another?

Seriously LOLing at DS matching the carpet!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
You do get soaked on the barges. NBC looks lovely food. Funny about DS and the carpet, at least he was a good sport and had a photo.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 19, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Great day!
Thanks

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I love Barges too, I live in hope that Kali River Rapids will have a major refurb one day and make it a proper rapids ride, I feel like Kali never really gets going.

Did DS buy the wand that chose him or did he choose another?

Seriously LOLing at DS matching the carpet!
Kali, only one unlucky person seems to get wet, that's no fun, much better when nobody stays dry.

Ds went for the wand that chose him. He was happy to pay for it himself but I bought it for him. He now wants to buy himself something to display them on in his room...I feel a collection coming on.

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
You do get soaked on the barges. NBC looks lovely food. Funny about DS and the carpet, at least he was a good sport and had a photo.
There was no one around so he was more than happy to join in the fun, while we narrated like David Attenburgh. I don't think he'd wear that top again if we go back to Sapphire falls though
Old 1 May 19, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another brilliant day

Joan