Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Apr 19, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellas
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Halloween horror nights RIP tour

Hi

Just wondering whether this is worth all the extra $. I know we need an additional entry ticket and it looks like the price all in will be approx $280 each 😳. The other option is express passes. We are only going for one night and it will probably be a Wednesday which apparently is a quiet night.

We have been a few times before but last time we only did around 5 houses as we didn’t want to wait in anymore long queues!. We’ve always done stay and scream so had a head start. Just don't know what to do this year. Any advice welcome 😊
Cinderellas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

We went last year and did the RIP tour. We were in a similar situation and only able/willing to go on one night. We have two younger kids so I took my step-Daughter for the RIP tour.
There are quite a few people who have said they have done all the houses in one night with just the express passes.
However, although it was pricey to do the RIP tour I thought it was actually very good value and I think I would struggle to do it any other way. We knew from the off that we were guaranteed to see and do everything with little effort. We went on a
Wednesday too (24/10) and still wouldn’t have fancied standing in the queues. Express pass queues are about half the wait of the normal queues from what I have read. The prices of RIP tours on the weekends are even higher.
We arrived and valet parked (included with the tour). Bypassed the long line and went and signed in and collected our lanyards. We then had a little stroll through a couple of scare zones and went for a drink and buffet. There were 10 of us in our group and it was a very chilled out and stress free evening. Had a couple of drop offs at bars open for just us. Saw the show in reserved seating. It was lovely just to be led straight to the front of every queue. Your lanyard also gives you express pass to any of the rides that are open once the tour ends. We did rip ride rocket on the way out.
If the price hasn’t scared you off on first look then I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it. Felt like a proper VIP service. Have a look at my tripe report. Will try and answer any questions about it if you have any.
**Edit** I thought “tripe” report was a great Freudian slip 😂

Edited at 12:33 AM.
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 06:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellas
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thank you Milpston for the in depth report, sounds like you had great fun. I am definitely swaying towards the tour. Will wait to see what this years prices are like 😊.
Cinderellas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
nolypops83
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Like you, we only had 1 night to do HHN and went for the RIP tour. Went on a Thursday in September which was supposed to have been a quiet night but it was busy and the queues were long. I would definitely recommend doing it. Got through all the houses and the shows and walked through each scare zone.
Old 22 Apr 19, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
MonkeyNut
Excited about Disney

We did a weds last year just with express passes, got in the park around 3:30 and got in the holding area near stranger things, they let us out early and we had done 4 houses by 6:30!
We managed all houses and scare zones and were back in hotel on IDrive by 11:30. AMAZING night

Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando 2013, 2015,2017
Wilderness Lodge 2018 AKL 2019 2022 Mums 70th Beach Club2023
POFQ 2024 and 2025
MonkeyNut is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellas
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks MonkeyNut that’s good to know. Another option and cheaper. We will see how the finances pan out. We only have to think of myself and DH as the kids plus their partners will pay for themselves
Old 23 Apr 19, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Gav
slightly serious Dibber

I'm going this year and plan on doing RIP as I need to go alone...

Last time we had express passes and waited in the holding pen. We got everything done, including rides, but we only got finished around 45 minutes before closing.

As I can only go once this year, I want to make sure everything is done.
Gav is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List