Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 21 Apr 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Cost of 3 days staying at universal

We’re exploring our options for what to do before our on-site Disney stay in October, and one of the options I’m exploring is staying at universal.

We hadn’t planned on doing it at all this trip so this is a quote I’ve thrown together in about 15 minutes. Does this sound accurate, or is it coming up quite expensive? (I personally think it might be, but because I’ve never looked at staying directly at universal, or with adding express passes, I’ve no experience!)

3 nights - 24th - 27th October

Endless summer resort
3 park explorer tickets (for 14 days)
= £925 for two people (with ATD)

OR

Endless summer resort
2 park, 5 day ticket with unlimited express pass park to park (tickets direct from universal website)
= £1127 for two people

OR

Lowes Royal Pacific resort (with included express passes)
3 park explorer tickets
= £1,381 for two people

I hope that’s easy to read. Can someone confirm if this is indeed what I would expect to pay?

Edit: to say this is in 2019, and for two adults

Edited at 12:00 AM. Reason: More information
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
hellin family
Dibbing with Tink

We paid around £620 I think for two nights at Loews Royal Pacific last year to get the express passes, but... this was two nights in August and was club level.

We just booked Hard Rock for four nights in August 2020, again club level for £1247.

Just to give you an idea of hotel prices. I think the 3 park ticket is around £520 for two adults.

Wendy, Jake and Lillie x

Dec 2005 New York and Florida honeymoon, Grand Reserve
Dec 2006 Anniversary Trip, Grand Reserve, Davenport
Dec 2010 Jake's first trip, Glenbrook
Jan 2011 Lillie's first trip, Windsor Palms
Feb 2013 Jake and Lillie's Grand Adventures, Florida Pines
Oct 2014 Disneys All Stars Music Resort
hellin family is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by hellin family View Post
We paid around £620 I think for two nights at Loews Royal Pacific last year to get the express passes, but... this was two nights in August and was club level.

We just booked Hard Rock for four nights in August 2020, again club level for £1247.

Just to give you an idea of hotel prices. I think the 3 park ticket is around £520 for two adults.
Thank you! Apart from the fact that your hotels are club level, the prices are pretty similar to my breakdown for hotels only I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t completely off with what I was finding
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Gilly120
Imagineer

Undercover tourist have a great deal for tickets to be first used by 16 December 19 - Universal 2-Day Park-to-Park Ticket + 3 Extra Days FREE roughly £420 for both adults. With volcano Bay included it's roughly £482.
Old 22 Apr 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I'd also look at the option of annual passes, as seasonal passes would do for your dates and they are $305 plus tax per person, so about £500 for 2. Book a hotel you can cancel without charge and then keep checking for annual passholder discounts for the hotels.
You can often get great deals. This easter they were giving over $200 per night off the normal rate for PB,HRH and RPR, but the rooms were very expensive then. It brought them down to more sensible levels ($270 per night).
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by fredflintstone View Post
I'd also look at the option of annual passes, as seasonal passes would do for your dates and they are $305 plus tax per person, so about £500 for 2. Book a hotel you can cancel without charge and then keep checking for annual passholder discounts for the hotels.
You can often get great deals. This easter they were giving over $200 per night off the normal rate for PB,HRH and RPR, but the rooms were very expensive then. It brought them down to more sensible levels ($270 per night).
Thank you that’s a very good idea. We’re weighing up our options as we might end up doing something completely different, but I wanted to at least have a rough idea of this scenario
Old 22 Apr 19, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Sorry to jump in but who does everyone book universal hotels with. Looking to bookteo nights at RPR next August.
Thanks
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Are you bothered about Volcano Bay?

If you're not, you could save a bit of £ by getting a 2 park 3 day hopper. These are quite a lot cheaper than the Explorer tickets.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by TC Devon View Post
Sorry to jump in but who does everyone book universal hotels with. Looking to bookteo nights at RPR next August.
Thanks
I have to work cashback miracles to get good deals on Universal hotels... others just seem to get them

I booked with Ebookers with 13% cashback and 5% bonus points (which comes off as cash on your account). I won't get this back until after the stay has completed but I've got nearly £100 off per room (we're three families).

Many get great deals in the BA sale as well, though I've never managed this myself!
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List