Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 23 Apr 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
crazyrabbitlady
A Guest at All-Stars

Question Vegetarian friendly?

Are there any good vegetarian friendly restaurant in Orlando Florida?
crazyrabbitlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotty0910
Getting Excited

We always enjoy a visit to Sweet Tomatoes - its a chain restaurant but always has a great selection to choose from.

We aren't vegetarians but this is definitely on our list - I only wish they had them in the UK.

2007 - Grand Floridian/St Pete's Beach, 2011 - Dibb Villa Champions Gate, 2014 - Dibb Villa Sunset Lakes/Miami/Naples/Anna Maria Island/Clearwater, 2016/2017 Universal Sapphire Falls, 2019 - Caribbean Beach Resort
Scotty0910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

As above, I've heard lots of good things about Sweet Tomatoes. I didn't get a chance to go, but heard it's good.

I'm vegetarian and didn't have a problem both times I've went. For outside the parks I love Olive Garden and The Cheesecake Factory. Also, California Pizza Kitchen in Mall at Millenia. For breakfasts I love IHOP and Dennys, and also Keke's breakfast cafe.

There are a lot more so you won't be stuck I just checked all the menus before I went to make sure I knew in advance.
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scotty0910 View Post
We always enjoy a visit to Sweet Tomatoes - its a chain restaurant but always has a great selection to choose from.

We aren't vegetarians but this is definitely on our list - I only wish they had them in the UK.
Oh yes ! The salad bar in Pizza Hut here in Chelmsford is a very very poor imitation of Sweet Toms !
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

More Sweet Tomatoes fans here, wouldn't be a trip to Florida without at least one trip here.

My DD is vegetarian and on the whole struggles in Florida, at best she may have 1 Vegetarian option on a menu, she's been known to just order a selection of sides before - that was Cracker Barrel, and not all of their vegetable side dishes are vegetarian!

My favourite vegetarian menu offering was Chillis in Tampa in 2016... Burger - without burger. Cheeseburger - without burger, you get the gist!

Good luck, they're slowly improving, she wasn't with us this year, and in October she decided to eat fish while out there.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

my suggestions would be seasons 52 or yellow dog eats...
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Market on South for Dixie Dharma, amazing food'

marketonsouth/

ETA

TooJays has a comprehensive vegetarian menu.

toojays/location/orl...ando-location/

Edited at 03:09 PM.
greekgranny is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Licoricelover
Excited about Disney

Another vote for sweet tomatoes.
Just be careful if you have pasta dishes as we found some restaurants often put Parmesan cheese in as being vegetarian.
Licoricelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I’m vegetarian and didn’t struggle at all, last trip was July 2017 and menus appear to have improved since then.
I wrote a trip report which detailed all my meals onsite and offsite which I can link if you’re interested?

As pp mentioned be careful at chillis as our server went down the route of we do chicken, you eat chicken right? 🙄
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 19, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
LW2412
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by nats1211 View Post
I’m vegetarian and didn’t struggle at all, last trip was July 2017 and menus appear to have improved since then.
I wrote a trip report which detailed all my meals onsite and offsite which I can link if you’re interested?

As pp mentioned be careful at chillis as our server went down the route of we do chicken, you eat chicken right? 🙄
Hi, I wondered if I could see your trip report please?! I'm vegetarian and we have the QSDP... I'm thinking we might need to upgrade to DDP as I'm really struggling to see veggie choices so far thanks!
LW2412 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List