Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Apr 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Laner
slightly serious Dibber

Laner's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Fly from Manchester to Heathrow, taxi to Gatwick and then Gatwick direct to Tampa. Did this last time we went and gets you into Tampa at 4pm ish.
Disneyland Paris 2000, 2002, 2006, 2008, 2011, 2014
Florida 1993, 1997, 2008, 2013
Laner is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
crazydecorator
Trading Disney Pins

As others have said you can. Do the multi stop option on Ba, I’ve found it can quite often give you some cheaper results!

Or Norwegian now fly to tampa too, so another option
crazydecorator is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks all. Does anyone have a July and into very early August ball park flight price? I only know one route and it’s associated prices. Am also very poor at flight roulette. Best deal I got was unplanned in the middle of the night after a few drinks ! Planning never seems to work I jump too soon.
Old 24 Apr 19, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

I'd always fly direct from Gatwick to Tampa if I lived closer to Gatwick. Tampa is a great airport - not busy with loads of international flights like MCO...
Old 24 Apr 19, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
Thanks all. Does anyone have a July and into very early August ball park flight price? I only know one route and it’s associated prices. Am also very poor at flight roulette. Best deal I got was unplanned in the middle of the night after a few drinks ! Planning never seems to work I jump too soon.
We’re flying to Tampa end of July this year but they’re indirect via jfk from Heathrow. Return flights were £330.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
We’re flying to Tampa end of July this year but they’re indirect via jfk from Heathrow. Return flights were £330.
Wow! Not keen on indirect due to everything that can go wrong but for that price maybe. We’ve paid 1k each plenty of times before... how long are you connections please?
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Wow! Not keen on indirect due to everything that can go wrong but for that price maybe. We’ve paid 1k each plenty of times before... how long are you connections please?
Sorry just seen this. We have 4 hours at jfk on the way out and I think 1 hr 15 mins at Atlanta on the way back (I know that’s tight but will only have to go from gate to gate).

Flight out is 28 July so peak school holidays.

Edited at 10:17 PM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post

We have paid £1,532 23 July to 6 Aug
Indirect Virgin/Delta LHR-JFK-Tampa (4 hrs layover) and return via Atlanta (2.5hr layover)
Plus we upgraded basic car to SUV in that price.
This is 2 adults, DS (16) and DS (11)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Mobile

Try sky scanner and see what it comes up with. You can then book it all individual if you want or it might come up with different routes.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
swintonowl
VIP Dibber

Mobile

If you are heading to Disney then the difference in drive time from Tampa versus MCO is an additional 45 minutes (1h15 versus 30 mins). So it’s not massively out of the way to fly both legs into Tampa. If you are staying further west (Champions gate area) then the difference is even less.
swintonowl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List