Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Apr 19, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

I leave a list 😉
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Oh no I completely understand because I go away regularly without DH. I’m not a bad wife, but he is self employed with 2 businesses, and doesn’t enjoy going away as he’ll not only lose income whilst we are away, but future income too from the main business being closed.
We also have a lot of animals, and it’s expensive getting them all looked after. So I get 2 long weekends (3 days) a year outside of bank holidays, where I drag him to Europe kicking and screaming 😂
I however get 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, and do love to travel, I went back visiting Australia last year, and this year have already been to Budapest with my brother.
My husband is very capable, he can cook, clean, make beds, but he just chooses not to half the time, it drives me mad.
I ask him to make the bed on a morning (i’m up first), fill the dogs water bowl, empty the bins when full, to empty the dishwasher if full, and wash up any big dishes in the sink when he gets in from work. That’s about it, and i don’t think there has been a day go by where those things have been done without nagging.
The last few times I have been away, it hasn’t been too bad, I completely understand he lives in a dump whilst i’m away; but he does seem to blitz the place before he picks me up from the airport, so I can’t complain too much I guess
Old 24 Apr 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
As long as it’s only little things I would say don’t stress about it while you’re on holiday
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

I was away in October just me and the kids and left OH .. came home to a spotless house, washing all done, fresh linen and towels and a fully stocked food cupboard/fridge ... I was more worried that aliens had been and swapped him lol
Old 24 Apr 19, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
I definitely won’t stress whilst I’m away and OH is very capable, he single parented three teenage daughters before I came along, so he knows how to do it all
It’s just that I do it better and he’s got lazy

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

No experience only of leaving our beautiful dogs behind, but just wanted to say hello again. Hope you are all well and have a wonderful time. xxxxxxx

(ps... to all dibbers, this dibber and her information saved my dogs life) I will always be grateful. xxxx
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

This year for the first time dh is joining us a week later, in the past we’ve been away without him but always then gone home to him rather than him come to us.

I’ll pack his case for him so he’ll only have to add a few essentials that he needs during the week.

I know he won’t do any washing so I’ll have that to come back to, along with stripping bed.

As the final part of our stay is dvc I plan to wash everything out there so I won’t bring too much home.

I’ll be leaving him microwave meals as he doesn’t cook, I know he’ll make sure the dishwasher is put on so no worries there.

Hopefully if I have a blitz before we leave the house won’t be too bad as he’s there on his own and actually out at work most of the time.

Edited at 03:18 PM.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

whilst i appreciate this a light hearted thread , these crop up on here from time to time

amazes me all these men who are supposedly not capable of looking after kids/cooking/cleaning/using a washing machine or hoover/packing a bag/booking a holiday/locking up their own house! etc etc etc
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Originally Posted by Nicksgirl View Post
No experience only of leaving our beautiful dogs behind, but just wanted to say hello again. Hope you are all well and have a wonderful time. xxxxxxx

(ps... to all dibbers, this dibber and her information saved my dogs life) I will always be grateful. xxxx
Aw thanks Tracey, yes very well thank you.

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
skb 123
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bentley View Post
My husband flew home a week early from our holiday last summer, I came home to three walls down some extra windows and a bi-fold door.. I was happy with that :-)
I went on holiday and left DH to supervise the messy "knock through" phase of our extension. At the same time, we were having our flat rooves re-felted. When I got back at the end of the week, he and BIL had done the bulk of clearing up, I thought I'd just be dealing with brick dust settling for a few weeks. However I kept finding little black specks like ash everywhere. After a week I happened to mention this to DH and he had to come clean. The roof had been on fire! Were it not for the fact that one neighbour happened to be out with his garden hose, and the other being a fireman, I quite possibly could have had no house to come back to!
skb 123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List