Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 24 Apr 19, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile WDW Transport

Can anybody tell me please what time the transport within disney property starts? We are thinking of doing the early morning thing at toy story land which needs us to be there for 7.30 - hadn't occurred to me that their buses might not have started operating at that time!
Thank you!
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickey's Magic
Excited about Disney

Mickey's Magic's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MillyMoo View Post
Can anybody tell me please what time the transport within disney property starts? We are thinking of doing the early morning thing at toy story land which needs us to be there for 7.30 - hadn't occurred to me that their buses might not have started operating at that time!
Thank you!
I think the official line is 45 mins before park opening unless anyone else knows any different?

DLP: 1997 (Cheyenne), 2013 (Offsite; Dream Castle), 2017 (Newport Bay), 2019 (Sequoia Lodge)
Mickey's Magic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
bloominadversit
Getting Excited

Mobile

Official line is 45 mins.
Which resort will you be at?
bloominadversit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Ah. We will be at art of animation, my brochure from disney says it's a 10min bus ride from HS - is it walkable do you think or will it be a taxi?
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
3family
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

By park opening they mean whatever it’s open for (early hours, special events etc). If there’s an event kicking off at 7.30 the buses will be started by 6.45 (and probably earlier IMO)
Old 24 Apr 19, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Kpzorse
Excited about Disney

Kpzorse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
I was actually just reading a post on EasyWDW blog which said that buses arrive at the resort from 6am for the parks that have 8am openings and from 6.30 for all others. (And as someone who stayed in a room overlooking the AKL bus stop I can indeed say that buses turn up from 6am. that incessant beeping when you're trying to lie in drives you crazy!)

Sept '18 - POFQ, March '18- AKL, DLP Feb '18- Cheyenne, Sept '16- POR, Feb '15- CBR
Kpzorse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Ohhh that's great news! (For me anyway, not the people still trying the sleep! ) I assumed that park opening was the official opening time rather than if an event or some thing was on.
Thanks so much!
Old 24 Apr 19, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MillyMoo View Post
Ah. We will be at art of animation, my brochure from disney says it's a 10min bus ride from HS - is it walkable do you think or will it be a taxi?
While AoA is relatively close to HS it's definitely not walkable. There's no safe way to do that.

As others have said buses will be running from around 6:30. Once you're onsite you'll be able to check that mornings bus times on the MDE app. Generally (but not always!) the times are quite an accurate guide

We've used uber before to get to early morning magic (had planned bus but it didn't show up and the time just dropped off the board). An uber or lyft would cost around $8
BarryL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks. I looked at a map and didn't think it looked like it was walkable.
But good news that the buses will be going nice and early!