Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 27 Jun 18, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

We fancied trip to Disney Springs today. Made an attemp to get the b4oat but they were not running yet.

Picked up giant Starbucks cold brew. I am yet to finish one of these. They are huge

Quick trip to coca cola store. It's 10 USD for 16 samples. I was worried my son will be too high on sugar after. I shouldn't have! He enjoyed the experience but didn't drink much

Lunch at WPE
Me

DH

And DS.

I love the turkey cob salad there and after sugar overload the day before I need veggies! I had slice of pizza and it was also delicious

Great meal. Strange you can get wine but no sparkling water on ddp? We looked at our dinner options and decided on Boma at 5. Made the adr at lunch time

We picked up our gift card from the world of Disney and headed back to SSR for some pool time.

Had a chat with dibbers couple at the grandstand pool. We had to get back to the room to get ready for animation class. Both hubby and som really enjoyed it. They are on every Tuesday at 3 in community hall next to the main pool.

It was over at 4 but the guys stayed chatting with the animator. I will frame this, I love it.

At 2:50 the afternoon storm hit us. We had to drive to community hall. By the time the class was over the rain was nearly gone!

Part 2 Boma and AK to follow

Edited at 11:28 AM.
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 18, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
LunaNyteskye
Apprentice Imagineer

Brilliant report! You are really packing so much in to your holiday!

October 2009 Sequoia Lodge Disneyland Paris;
October 2011 Kissimmee Villa;
October 2013 Port Orleans Riverside WDW;
November 2015 Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa;
November 2016 Hotel Santa Fe Disneyland Paris;
October 2019 Animal Kingdom Lodge WDW, DIBB Villa, Hard Rock Hotel & Grand Floridian WDW
LunaNyteskye is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 18, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Boma

I really wasn't in mood for regular disney food yesterday. I mainly hit the vegetables and fruit. The pictured salad was divine. The watermelon rubbish. Much nicer in publix. I didn't love the zebra domes either. The soups were good with oxtail and butternut being my favourites. The cocktail was very weak. I don't think we will be back to be honest. We enjoyed the meal but once and done for us. ADR at 5 meant we were there for the opening music. They were fun to watch. Good use of table credit.

I managed to change Kali rapids to Rivers of Light during the meal

AK was crazy busy. We did Kilimanjaro safari with fp and agreed we had enough of it for this trip. It's great but we have done it too many times. The guys were tired and we didn't wait for RoL. We used our FP for FoP and headed back. As we got in the car the storm hit second time today and we were glad we made that choice

Few pics from Safari

I cancelled all morning fast passes for the week apart from Saturday and BOG lunch. We have no fast passes for Thursday and Friday.

Edited at 08:47 AM.
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 18, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Wolfgang Puck Express looks so good! I've just abandoned my plans for House of Blues this year to go back there instead.

Nice to see you are just going with the flow and changing your plans to suit how you feel.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 18, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

It's great reading along as you go and sounds like you're having a fab time. The yoga spot looks amazing, also your Oreo ice cream!
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 18, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

My jet lag is truly over and my 5 am trip report writing time slot too. I will try to keep it going

Day 6 yoga, pool time, WPE and AK

Walk to yoga class

Just perfect

We spend most of the day around the pool. We opted for the main pool but honestly it's busy if you want proper swim. We walked to WPE for lunch.
Shared a salad

And I had spaghetti meatball for lunch.

The salad was as good as Cali Grill brunch

Few hours around the pool and trip to publix. Few things we bought

I tried the fried chicken. I am just not fried chicken fan tbh. I had sushi followed by prosseco and cherries. The guys had chicken with... chicken? One of the boxes is still in the fridge and we have Chef art Smith adr for tonight. It will probably end up in the bin

AK photos
DS and DH shared

My drink - margarita

Sharing is the way to go with treats. Malva cake from Africa was delicious

Sunset waiting for Rivers of Light

We did Kali Rapids. Regular line was 115 minutes. We had fast pass. Flight of Passage and Rivers of light both with fast pass plus few snacks around. Rivers of light was very disappointing. They need to do something with it. It's not disney standard

On the way back we made second visit to Pandora to see it in the dark. Pandora is amazing

They have the bikes for Flight of Passage on different level. Little like soaring. We were at the bottom as nd end yestday when I noticed the set up. It feels like different experience and i feel the pre ride videos are different length to accommodate the loading. Yesterday it nearly felt there was inversion during the ride and we did not feel it before.

It was fun but it is so busy at AK. If your first timer wanting to do it all get a good plan. I find easywdw does the best daily plans

My trip report spot this Morning

I enquired about changing ts to qs credits and i was told its possible. Great to know as we seem to be going through them quicker

You can get pint tub of ice cream for snack credit at artist palette. Some good flavours too!

Edited at 12:56 PM.
Old 28 Jun 18, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

Mobile

That's good value for a snack credit. What is the ratio for QS credit to TS credit or is it 1:1 ?
Old 28 Jun 18, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Tea its only ts credit to qs credit. You can't change qs to ts. Yes 1 to one so you are getting less but it could suit us

Edited at 07:04 PM.
Old 29 Jun 18, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

We spend the morning at Blizzard Beach. We arrived jus t before 10 and didn't wait with the crowds. We spend the browsing the shop.

We took the chair lift to the top. Did teamboat springs. The open and cloaed run off rapids. Downhill double dipper. The waits were longer at this point and we went around the lazy river twice. Its relaxing and more shade compared to the on in typhoon lagoon.

Lunch at lottawatta lodge. I had beef rice bowl. It was much better than the one at TL. DS had pizza and liked it better too. DH had burger. Burgers are better at TL. So was the cocktail. Short snooze for me and wave pool for the guys and we headed back to SSR

I like BB more. The guys like TL.

I am not big fan of outlet shopping in US, but love Milleni a Mall. The guys did short trip and bought some great useful things. Jeans, hoodies, tops from Abercrombie and Fitch kids for my son and my niece. She will be happy!

I don't want to see any shops for awhile now...

Dinner adr was at Chef Art Smith and it was wonderful! The restaurant is noisy but they were so welcoming. Food delicious. This was the nicest cocktail I had at WDW so far. I had short rib. DH chicken and our son sandwich. We paid oop for kids meal. He is not able for adult serving yet. We paid extra for Mac and cheese and they were great too.

We shared dessert. They were both amazing. They don't look as they are but they deserve their reputation

There was alot of food leftover as portions are huge. Share few meals if no dinning plan.

We took the boat back. 5 minute ride! Great when you get lucky and there is one waiting for you. There were Floridian kids taking the boat to take the bus to MK. I guess to cut parking fees?

We were back at SSR about 8 and DS wanted to make S'mores. Kits were about 5.4 USD. The CM were bit... strange. DS enjoyed it but I felt it could be better. It felt rushed. People joined after us so it's not like we kept them there. They also give you 5 marshmellos in the kit. 2 bars of chocolate and good few biscuits but only 5 actual pieces of marshmellos.

Great day, we are all tired and fell asleep by 10.

Edited at 08:59 AM.
Old 29 Jun 18, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

Mobile

Love logging in to read your updates.