Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
When I was a child, me and my brother and sister would come down in the morning and open our presents. We weren't allowed downstairs before 8am Then we would have Christmas lunch at 1pm. Late afternoon we would go to my grandparents house with all my aunties, uncles and cousins and have a big family get together.

Now we have our own child (who will be 2 in 12 days ) we spend the morning at our house then head to my parents for Christmas lunch then to the in-laws late afternoon.
Old 17 Dec 18, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

We wake up any time between 6-7:30am usually (no kids, we are just big kids at heart) and open our stockings in bed. We are usually joined by the cats to make sure everything in the stockings pass their sniff test.

Then we go downstairs and give the cats some new toys to play with and we open our tree presents.

Then we get ready and head to my parents to see them and my Nan - we usually wake them up (they don’t mind - they’re used to waking up early on Christmas Day) and we open our stocking there. This year my mum has got a stocking and I’m trying to decide whether to do a treasure hunt for her.

We open our presents and spend some time there before heading to DH’s family. Again, gifts are swapped and we spend some time with them before heading home where I start on Christmas lunch/dinner.

It’s a busy morning but one that we wouldn’t change for anything 🙂
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 18, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

I love reading how everyone spends their Christmas Day ❤️
When I was little my sister and I would put our best nightie on and have our hair brushed then my mum and dad would take us downstairs. Santa put my gifts on the right side of the sofa and my sisters on the left with anything to share in the middle (we shared a room and only 18 months between us so many things were shared). We was allowed to open our selection box box and have a chocolate for breakfast! Christmas dinner would be a late lunch, early dinner then we would play with our things then usually watch wizard of oz or superman as they played every Christmas lol
Now we start making loud noises at 8am to wake the kids up, then it’s breakfast in our bed so that my daughter can have her injection etc (the excitement sends her bloods into over drive) we let my husband go down first to check if Santa has been (set up the video camera) then I take all three down whilst my husband captures their faces as they walk in and see the gifts.
At around 12 we head to mum mums for Christmas dinner after which they open their gifts off my mum and we chill out there until around 6pm then head home for a movie and goodies.
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 18, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Fimble
Proud to wear my Ears

As children, we'd wake up to find a sack at the bottom of our beds from Father Christmas, then like everyone else, go downstairs to open up presents from under the tree.

Nowadays, we do the old stuff, but usually have Christmas dinner, have my friend ask what we're up to (which always leads to him saying he's doing nothing and getting invited round) then beers and games with the family.
Oldest is 2 now so it's a case of winging it on the rest of the day...
Fimble is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List