Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 22 Dec 18, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Major Christmas Cleaning purge completed!

In past years, I’ve always had a major clean-out of toys, books & other bits that are no longer used. Most go to the local charity shop, some to the tip. This past year I’ve worked f/t instead of p/time and was getting worried as the house was just a mess, overflowing with junk. Well yesterday, I got my act together- firstly a full recycling bag of rubbish, four huge bags of toys & books for charity shop, and 1 huge box (plus another couple of bits) for the tip. I did manage to clear out the kids bedrooms a few weeks ago, so just need my DH to make 2 trips with all the bags etc for me (while I wrap gifts) - and we’re all sorted! Feels so good to be clutter-free again, and the charity shop people are lovely- they issue you with a ‘membership number’ and every year or so, they write and tell you how much £ your goods have made (including gift aid). Lovely to hear that we’re doing some good for those in need.

Edited at 11:29 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 18, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

And, I must tell you, the icing on the cake is that we have finally found the missing TV remote (right at the bottom of the toy chest, hidden by loads of paper & dolls clothes!).
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Well done. I have done a major clear out in the last couple of weeks and tomo will strip the bed, do the last of the washing/ironing and blitz the house ready for guests arriving Christmas eve. Its lovely when you can de clutter and see the results. Have a lovely clutter free Christmas
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

I did all this Thursday and yesterday, yep I'm that disorganised it took two days lol... Hospice shop near us had a big donation lol, OH has a nice tip run to look forward too and it took an age to clean everywhere and do my ironing cos that's me doing no more unti I chuck turkey in oven on Tuesday lol, today's my birthday so nothing domestic getting done, tomorrow I'm working and I'm not doing Housework Xmas eve either... It does feel nice now it's all done though I'm all ready for santa 🎅🎅😊
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 18, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
I did all this Thursday and yesterday, yep I'm that disorganised it took two days lol... Hospice shop near us had a big donation lol, OH has a nice tip run to look forward too and it took an age to clean everywhere and do my ironing cos that's me doing no more unti I chuck turkey in oven on Tuesday lol, today's my birthday so nothing domestic getting done, tomorrow I'm working and I'm not doing Housework Xmas eve either... It does feel nice now it's all done though I'm all ready for santa 🎅🎅😊
Happy Birthday!
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 18, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
Happy Birthday!
Aww Thankyou 😊
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 18, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Well done to us all - and Happy birthday Megandllsmum! Have a great day! 🎁 🥂 🎉
Old 22 Dec 18, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Michyloulou View Post
Well done to us all - and Happy birthday Megandllsmum! Have a great day! 🎁 🥂 🎉
Thankyou xx
Old 22 Dec 18, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Finished work Thursday and did the kitchen yesterday. Unfortunately Criminal Minds keeps rudely interrupting the living room cleaning today 😊
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 18, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Happy birthday From me too
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List