Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 26 Jan 19, 12:49 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Mobile

Ooh that was an early start! The journey seemed quite straightforward though.

I love the scarf you bought.

Sequoia Lodge looks nice and the lounge and snacks sound very good. Do you get any other advantages staying in the Golden Forest rooms?

Glad to see you started the cocktails already!
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 19, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 101
Originally Posted by Animagus View Post
The very early start didn’t get in your way. You did well to keep going till 11!

It was so reassuring to read how easy the journey is. It’s exactly the route I’ve booked for May and I was a bit nervous we’d get lost.

Looking forward to seeing what else you got up to and what you bought
If you have a read of my Jan 2017 trip report I go into a bit more detail on the journey from Gare du Nord to MLV, just in case that's more helpful but it is pretty straight forward

Twitter - @rpaisley79 / Instagram - rachelpaisley79

Upcoming Hols *July '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*August 2020 WDW Coronado Springs*

Previous Hols *Jan '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '18 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Oct '17 Cheyenne*Jan '17 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '16 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*March '15 - Cheyenne*Nov '13 - Cheyenne*Feb '12 - Newport Bay*April '08 - Santa Fe*March '05 - Santa Fe*

Click here for my Disneyland Paris Trip Reports
Beaker7929 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 19, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Ooh that was an early start! The journey seemed quite straightforward though.

I love the scarf you bought.

Sequoia Lodge looks nice and the lounge and snacks sound very good. Do you get any other advantages staying in the Golden Forest rooms?

Glad to see you started the cocktails already!
You certainly do, so along with lounge access and the afternoon tea you can get free hot and cold drinks from the lounge all day, including bottles of water which can safe a small fortune in the parks!

The lounge is also where you have breakfast (which is included in the GF package) and it's a much more relaxed affair than the main breakfast rooms.

You also get the private check in area, and they take your bags from the luggage store to your room (and back again on your last day) and you get a fast pass per person, per day, which is a great bonus perk, plus in the rooms you get a fridge (perfect for prosecco ) and a coffee pod machine

I absolutely love the GF club!

Upcoming Hols *July '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*August 2020 WDW Coronado Springs*

Previous Hols *Jan '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '18 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Oct '17 Cheyenne*Jan '17 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '16 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*March '15 - Cheyenne*Nov '13 - Cheyenne*Feb '12 - Newport Bay*April '08 - Santa Fe*March '05 - Santa Fe*

Beaker7929 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 19, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Beaker7929 View Post
If you have a read of my Jan 2017 trip report I go into a bit more detail on the journey from Gare du Nord to MLV, just in case that's more helpful but it is pretty straight forward
Thanks. I did indeed read your Jan 17 trippie, but fully intend on reading it again before I go to pick up more tips and tricks.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 19, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Beaker7929 View Post
You certainly do, so along with lounge access and the afternoon tea you can get free hot and cold drinks from the lounge all day, including bottles of water which can safe a small fortune in the parks!

The lounge is also where you have breakfast (which is included in the GF package) and it's a much more relaxed affair than the main breakfast rooms.

You also get the private check in area, and they take your bags from the luggage store to your room (and back again on your last day) and you get a fast pass per person, per day, which is a great bonus perk, plus in the rooms you get a fridge (perfect for prosecco ) and a coffee pod machine

I absolutely love the GF club!
Thanks for the information-it definitely sounds worth it.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 19, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Oh such a fab day, this has seriously got me desperate for a stay back in Sequoia Lodge! We missed out on Golden Forest last time but I will definitely be making sure we get booked in time for it for our next trip!

And I have to say I have never noticed that chimney either... that's all I am going to see when I look at photos of the entrance to the park now!

Sad to hear that your DS was a little upset when you chatted, it must be hard leaving him behind but the prospect of planning another trip is very exciting!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 19, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
kadypants
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Another person who will now never unsee that chimney!

Fabulous travel day! Your cocktails looked yummy!

A stay in a GF room at SL is definitely on my to do list. They sound lovely!
kadypants is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 19, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by kadypants View Post
Another person who will now never unsee that chimney!

Fabulous travel day! Your cocktails looked yummy!

A stay in a GF room at SL is definitely on my to do list. They sound lovely!
Hee hee I just can't believe many of us have never noticed it before, it's so funny

You have to stay at SLGF at least once in your lifetime! I've done it 4 times now as it's so hard to book anything else once you've experienced it

Old 29 Jan 19, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
What a fab day. We love SL but have never yet done Golden Forest, though we would really love to.

We were impressed with Hunter's Grill, and fortunately it wasn't too busy when we were there.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 19, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Lovely start to the trip report - I'd love to be a Glowtini girl!