Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 101
When You're the Best of Friends - Glowtini Girls do DLP Jan 2019 - Day 2

So today is a difficult day for me to write about so I shan’t beat around the bush and will get straight to it.

For personal reasons Anna had to leave our trip early and flew home on this day.

I travelled with Anna to the airport, and on returning to DLP had the option to either head back to the hotel for some much needed sleep, or get back into the park.

I’m sure you can understand that never having done Disney on my own before, I was nervous at the prospect of heading into the park alone, it all felt very surreal.

But I took a deep breath and did exactly that, knowing that if I left it to the next day it would be even more difficult.

I felt all the emotions walking back onto Main Street knowing that my holiday was now going to be quite different.

I popped into the toilets at the top of Main Street (refurbed last year and still looking fabulous ) and knew that if Anna had been with me we totally would have taken a photo…so I did! I’m especially taken with the tiles in this toilet

Once I’d finished admiring the tiles I headed out to the bandstand and messaged Mel to let her know I was back and to arrange to meet. Mel was just heading back into the park having taken a break in Disney Village so I took a seat on a nearby bench and people watched while waiting for her to join me.

It’s very difficult to describe how I was feeling, a little lost definitely, but also proud of myself for getting straight back into the park and getting on with my holiday.

When Mel arrived, knowing that I would be a little all over the place, she suggested that we head for a hot chocolate and we chose to go to Victoria’s following a recommendation from Gill H.

Well what can I say, Gill H is clearly The Dibb’s very own hot chocolate connoisseur as not only was she spot on about the anniversary hot chocolate last year but she was also right about the hot chocolate in Victoria’s, it was yummy.

Those little blue sweets that came with the hot chocolate were the most amazing chocolate covered almonds that I have ever tasted. I clocked, later in the trip, that they also had these in the Golden Forest Lounge and 'may' have helped myself to a few

In all my past visits Victoria’s has been closed so it was so lovely to finally experience it, I loved the décor, and it's a table service eatery which isn’t immediately apparent so it feels even more of a treat

I loved the little decorative details.

Once we’d warmed up over hot chocolate Mel suggested we head to Mickey’s Philarmagic in the Discoveryland Theatre (formally Honey I Shrunk the Audience and Captain EO) as it was new to me on this trip, and would ease me back into the Disney magic.

She was spot on, it was fantastic, I had a big grin on my face the whole way through. I really hope this is a permanent feature as it is perfect for this theatre and I really want my kids to see it as I think they’ll love it as much as I did!

As we strolled back through Discoveryland we realised that we still had today’s hotel fast passes to use and decided to ride Buzz, now normally I get absolutely thrashed by Anna on Buzz….so it made a nice change to go on with Mel and come out victorious

After Buzz we decided that it had been a very long day and we should probably head back towards the hotel, picking up an Earl of Sandwich for dinner on the way. It was just starting to get dark and Main Street was looking absolutely stunning in the dusk, I think this is my favourite time of day on Main Street.

Back through the village we went, via EoS, I collected my second Tuna Melt of the trip (no hardship there ) and we walked back to the hotel.

We agreed to eat our sandwiches in our respective rooms and that I would call for Mel in an hour to pop down to the Golden Forest Lounge for a cocktail to round off the day.

Once settled at our table in the lounge we perused the cocktail menu and made our choice, it was one we’d noted the evening before as looking tasty, was chose the Fred Astaire, intrigued by the ‘fizzy sugar’.

Thankfully this time the Cast Members were much more attentive and took our order in good time, normal service had clearly been resumed

Our cocktails arrived, and along with them the soundtrack of popping candy…..that was what the fizzy sugar was!

These were really yummy and hilarious to drink as every now and again you’d get a bit of popping candy hit you in the face, or in Mel’s case, shoot from one glass to the other

Once we’d finished our drinks it was clear that I very much needed to get some sleep. So Mel and I said goodnight outside the lifts, arranging to message when we were up in the morning, with the emphasis being on not rushing to get up and out.

I phoned home and thankfully had a much better conversation with DS. Finally it was time to get myself to bed, it was only 9.30pm but I was physically and emotionally shattered.

Plus I needed to get a decent nights sleep before our mystery guest arrived the next day

Next up...Day 3

Twitter - @rpaisley79 / Instagram - rachelpaisley79

Upcoming Hols *July '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*August 2020 WDW Coronado Springs*

Previous Hols *Jan '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '18 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Oct '17 Cheyenne*Jan '17 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '16 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*March '15 - Cheyenne*Nov '13 - Cheyenne*Feb '12 - Newport Bay*April '08 - Santa Fe*March '05 - Santa Fe*

Click here for my Disneyland Paris Trip Reports

Edited at 01:56 PM.
Beaker7929 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 19, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I hope Anna is ok. It’s horrible when things don’t go to plan when you’re away from home. Well done for getting on with things and having a good day.

Ps I picked up the Mary poppins jumper you had on instagram. Thanks for the details. It’s really nice.
2018 DLP Newport bay
2019 DLP Newport bay
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 19, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Mobile

Proud of you Rachel - I know exactly how unnerving it is being alone in Disney for the first time, but you handled it so well and glad I was there for you as you helped me when I needed it
I could just drink that cocktail right now - it was delicious

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 19, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

So sorry that Anna had to cut her visit short, hope she’s ok. Well done on getting back in there, it must have been difficult, but good job Mel was there to help you x

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 19, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

Oh no. Poor Anna. Horrible for her to have to leave. Hope all was ok once she returned home.
Thank goodness you had Mel to keep you company. Those hot chocolates really do look yummy. . Hopefully, day 3 sees you well rested and ready to attack the parks again.

Edited at 11:45 PM.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by firsttimemouse View Post
I hope Anna is ok. It’s horrible when things don’t go to plan when you’re away from home. Well done for getting on with things and having a good day.

Ps I picked up the Mary poppins jumper you had on instagram. Thanks for the details. It’s really nice.
Ahh yay! it is a gorgeous jumper isn't it! It'll feature in my Day 4 write up

Upcoming Hols *July '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*August 2020 WDW Coronado Springs*

Previous Hols *Jan '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '18 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Oct '17 Cheyenne*Jan '17 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '16 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*March '15 - Cheyenne*Nov '13 - Cheyenne*Feb '12 - Newport Bay*April '08 - Santa Fe*March '05 - Santa Fe*

Beaker7929 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 19, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Melanie R View Post
Proud of you Rachel - I know exactly how unnerving it is being alone in Disney for the first time, but you handled it so well and glad I was there for you as you helped me when I needed it
I could just drink that cocktail right now - it was delicious
Thank YOU for being there for me, you were amazing

And I totally want one of those Fred Astaire cocktails now!

Old 30 Jan 19, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Such a shame that Anna's trip was cut short, I hope all is ok now. Well done you for putting on your big girl pants and braving the park alone, you should be very proud of yourself. Lovely you had Mel there to support you through, Disney friends are the best friends
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 19, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Such a shame that Anna's trip was cut short, I hope all is ok now. Well done you for putting on your big girl pants and braving the park alone, you should be very proud of yourself. Lovely you had Mel there to support you through, Disney friends are the best friends
They sure are Lisa

Old 30 Jan 19, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Mobile

You did very well in the circumstances today and nice that Mel was there too x

Ps the hot chocolate does look delicious 😋
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List