Old 14 Feb 19, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
So are we going in May? Or not...

So we arrived back from our Christmas holiday on 15th Jan.😿

On 16th Jan I called Virgin Flying Club! We had 90,000 air miles and I was on a mission to spend them!

We have a 2 week cancellation in the villa from May 16th plus a couple of days gap so we can be a bit flexible with dates.

The very nice chap at Flying Club sorts us out with a 14 night stay from 15th May in PE for the cost of the tax plus £165 for a few extra air miles. My card is out and I’m ready to book it!

But wait, Richard says to hold the flights while he thinks about it! They are on hold till Friday at 11pm!

Thursday night I’m dying to ask if we’re going or not but I don’t want to push things!😂😂

Suddenly Richard says ‘let’s do Florida’! My card is out and I’m on the phone! It’s booked and paid for before he can change his mind! 15th to 29th May from Manchester in PE.

The eagle eyed of you will notice I said the Villa was available from 16th and our flight is the 15th! We couldn’t get a direct flight on 16th so opted to go the 15th and book a hotel for our first night.

We’ve booked the SpringHill Suites by Marriott in the Marriott village by Vineland for £78, this includes breakfast so not a bad deal.

Just things like car hire etc to book now!
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
So I’m eagerly checking hotels at Manchester, we’ve stayed in the Premier Inn, Runger Lane before, can’t remember whether it was north or south but it’s the one with the Costa in it. I picked that one again and with 15 nights parking at Jetparks it was £120.

Just the car hire to sort now. I’m checking nearly every day and they all seem a bit expensive to be honest. Well actually they seem pretty reasonable till we add the extra driver, which we definitely want.

Anyway I get a call at work one day to ask if £320 is a good price, includes the extra driver? Yes it’s pretty good I say. Good says Richard, I’ve booked it!

So that’s all the elements booked, just spends and money for food to sort out. A good start to spends is the fact we brought $1000 back with us from Christmas!

We also have about $35 on a Cheesecake Factory giftcard, $25 Panera Bread card, $50 Darden card which covers Olive Garden, Bahama Breeze, Longhorn and a couple more. I’ll be topping up my Fair fx card a bit at a time.

Apparently it’s just less than 13 weeks till we go!
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Oh yes and rightly so we did the same when I came home in January
And we had a cancellation you e got to love miles and for the first time in years I’m going direct with Virgin 😎😎😎
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Us too, back a week and have booked for end of June. Wanted to go earlier but lots if "special" birthdays between now and then and when you knock out school holidays and bookings this was our first chance!

Edited at 08:15 AM.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Us too, back a week and have booked for end of June. Wanted to go earlier but lots if "special" birthdays between now and then and when you knock out school holidays and bookings this was our first chance!
We’ll miss you again!
Old 24 Feb 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

How lucky to be going back so soon and a bargain with the airmiles! I'm just wondering if you know if you can put air miles together from other accounts? We have around 24,000 points between the 5 of us but they're on 5 separate accounts!

We're also there at the same time! We go 19th and come back the 28th. Looking forward to following your pre trippie xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 19, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
How lucky to be going back so soon and a bargain with the airmiles! I'm just wondering if you know if you can put air miles together from other accounts? We have around 24,000 points between the 5 of us but they're on 5 separate accounts!

We're also there at the same time! We go 19th and come back the 28th. Looking forward to following your pre trippie xx
Hi Kelly, you can gift miles and also transfer miles but it does cost you to do it. I think i paid about £135 to transfer some and buy some. Xx
Old 5 Mar 19, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
So the new trippie note book has been purchased.

£4.99 from Homesense in case anyone is looking for something like it. We are at 70 days now, Time is flying by!

My aunt who lives in France and often joins us on our trips will be flying out to meet us on 21st of May so we’ll have 8 days with her. She’s got one hell of a journey! Montpellier to Paris to Atlanta to MCO. At least she arrives at MCO at 17.25 and no immigration so plenty of time for a few beers before bed! TTFN X
Old 19 Mar 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Another 2 weeks has passed by and we are at 56 days! My friend has booked a Groupon for a wildlife sanctuary somewhere near Tampa, looks like we will be going there on the 18th May. Plans are afoot for an owners meet up on 19th maybe. Jane arrives on 21st and we are planning a day in Epcot with her at some point. That’s as much as we have planned! Apart from I plan to lie in the sun by the pool! TTFN
Old 19 Mar 19, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Selina. Only just spotted this.
Gosh that is one heck of a flight coming out from France. Not sure I could do that in one go, probably have to break it up with a night somewhere - age you know!

See you in May when we are out there.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List