Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 22 Mar 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Booking Riviera

Has anything been announced about DVC members being able to book Riviera for later in the year?
I know they have to declare some inventory but I thought I had seen that they had done that. I wondered what usually happens around new resorts and rooms being released. I have never looked before as GF wanted to many points, Poly only had studios and we have stayed at WL in past so wasn't too bothered by CC.
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Nothing yet, expect it to be bookable from mid December when released.
One suggestion over on other board is they made a cock up with the paperwork, meaning any buyer of a current resale contract could stay there, so may be delayed a bit whilst they redraft. That appears to be speculation to me though with no evidence.

I suspect we may see it open for booking in a month or so.
Old 23 Mar 19, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I see the Model Rooms for Riviera (which are at SSR) are going to be ready at the tail end of March.
However that's only by invitation, probably April before anybody can view them

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I see the Model Rooms for Riviera (which are at SSR) are going to be ready at the tail end of March.
However that's only by invitation, probably April before anybody can view them
We’re staying at SSR in August so I’m definitely going to have a nose while there. I think the rooms look really nice from the pictures I’ve seen so will be good to see them properly.
act1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
We’re staying at SSR in August so I’m definitely going to have a nose while there. I think the rooms look really nice from the pictures I’ve seen so will be good to see them properly.
I think all the rooms in all the Resorts look nice when they first launch them.
As a tradesman I like finding fault with their designs and issues that I know will occur.
For example who uses handles on drawers that are screwed on? They will fall off after 2 years etc.

We will pop along to view the models but the chances of us buying or even staying at Riviera are slightly less than zero.

Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Someone viewed the models the other day and put photos up on Facebook, not sure if they are now generally open or only if you request or are invited.
Old 23 Mar 19, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Someone viewed the models the other day and put photos up on Facebook, not sure if they are now generally open or only if you request or are invited.
YT. There is a little article on DVC News about the 2 RSVP dates in March. No other dates available as yet.

Old 24 Mar 19, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

YT. There is a little article on DVC News about the 2 RSVP dates in March. No other dates available as yet.
Just looked- it now says models are opening next week, seems for the invite only. Seems they have been allowing people in in small numbers the past few weeks as this lady on Facebook posted up all the photos over a week ago.

They did look impressive on the photos I saw from the lady who had been around there.

As you say though, longevity on the more recent ones in particular I think is an issue. I saw another video yesterday of the Poly which depending on room is suffering from really bad wear and tear- only 3 years after it was built. It should be built with quality materials designed to take a hammering. Cost cutting with cheaper materials is simply a false economy.

Edited at 10:28 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

I think all the rooms in all the Resorts look nice when they first launch them.
As a tradesman I like finding fault with their designs and issues that I know will occur.
For example who uses handles on drawers that are screwed on? They will fall off after 2 years etc.

We will pop along to view the models but the chances of us buying or even staying at Riviera are slightly less than zero.
Sounds like you're not a fan Tom I'm quite looking forward to trying somewhere new, the roof top bar looks cool as does the one on the "dock" Can imagine myself sitting there in the evenings with a few cocktails.
Old 25 Mar 19, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ploppy
Imagineer

I’ll definitely be trying to get a reservation for the rooftop restaurant on our Christmas trip and I’ll have a good nose around but I can’t see myself ever wanting to stay there. I just don’t get the concept or location to be honest. I own at BLT (monorail and walk to MK), Boardwalk (walk to Epcot and HS), SSR (walk to Disney Springs) so why would I want to downgrade to the skyliner with the value and moderate resorts?!

Villa - '84, '85, '86, '91, '92, '93, '97, '04
West coast - '87, '89, '94, '98, '01, '10, '14
Onsite - '95, '99, '00, '02, '03, '05, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, ‘18
Disney cruise - Wonder May '11, Fantasy NY 2011/12, Magic NY 2012/13, Dream Sept '16
Princess Ploppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List