Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 3 Apr 19, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by grumpybri View Post
Crazy pricing with Alamo then. The premium SUV is currently 5 times the cost of a premium elete SUV and you say picking the former at pickup would be a down grade.
I think I was one of the first to get this deal. I had car seat issues with OLCI so had to email them and I mentioned the downgrade they said it was fine if stock available. Full size have a row premium elite don't so stock should not have been an issue. On collection I did ask about a free downgrade and he replied "don't want the Audi Q7 then". Obviously I took the Audi.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...107406&page=56

Posted 1st may 2018

Edited at 11:06 AM.
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 19, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

My mistake. 5 times the price is actually a luxury SUV. Brits site does not have a premium SUV.
Some don't. We have a Hertz one booked through DFCH from Tampa in August.
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Anfield Red
Excited about Disney

My mistake. 5 times the price is actually a luxury SUV. Brits site does not have a premium SUV.
Yes they do as i have one booked for May:
Here are the details copied from Alamo Brits website today:

Premium SUV
BMW X3 or similar
Air Conditioner
Automatic
5 passengers
4 bags
Power Door Locks
Power Windows
Tilt Steering Wheel
Cruise Control
AM/FM Stereo CD/MP3
504.47 GBP
April 2006 Villa Weston Hills DIY
Oct 2011 Villa Glenbrook Resort TCD
May 2014,2016,2018,2019,2020 Heron Villa Orange Tree

/B]
Anfield Red is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Avioman
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile

I too have a premium elite suv booked through Alamo brits for our trip in July from Mia. I emailed Alamo Miami and had a reply from one of the managers stating they have Jag F Pace and Cadillac XT5 along with the X3. The cars are allocated due to them being speciality class and do not have a vast stock levels of this class. I did ask about having a larger vehicle ie a Navigator or Escalade but she wouldn’t commit and said that it would depend on stock available at the time! So I too would be very interested in what they have available in Miami.
Avioman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 19, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
grumpybri
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by edu_afp View Post
Hi all,

I will pick up a Premium Elite SUV from MIA on thursday, will keep you posted to see what they allocate for me and which are the choices.
Lets have that update then.
Old 19 Apr 19, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
edu_afp
Serious Dibber

edu_afp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Lets have that update then.
Hi all,

Just got back from the US. Kind of dissapointing choiceline for Premium Elite SUV. There were 2 Jags F-Pace and 1 Cadillac XTS, don't get me wrong F-Pace with all the toys was excellent but very tight with the luggage + baby stroller + car seat and the works.

Nice experience renting a Premium Elite but don't think I will repeat, next august I'm going for a standard SUV as usually do!

PS: I rented out of MIA, everything was sold out, I wasn't even able to downgrade to a Fullsize SUV, there was nothing to choose from.

Back with my DS May 2023
edu_afp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Lorbs
Excited about Disney

Mobile

At Miami it was a Cadillac XTS or Infiniti. Both nice ,but to small. So took a Fullsize SUV ,Lots of choices of brand new ones so went for the Jeep Grand Cheroke which I would well recommend. Think I will stick to Full Size from now on due to lack of choice in Premium
Lorbs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lorbs View Post
At Miami it was a Cadillac XTS or Infiniti. Both nice ,but to small. So took a Fullsize SUV ,Lots of choices of brand new ones so went for the Jeep Grand Cheroke which I would well recommend. Think I will stick to Full Size from now on due to lack of choice in Premium
I think the Jeep Grand Cherokee is a STD SUV, not a Full Size.
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by 99plums View Post
I think the Jeep Grand Cherokee is a STD SUV, not a Full Size.
Correct. I will always grab one if it's in the line up. Much to DuncanB's disgust.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
grumpybri
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by edu_afp View Post
Hi all,

Just got back from the US. Kind of dissapointing choiceline for Premium Elite SUV. There were 2 Jags F-Pace and 1 Cadillac XTS, don't get me wrong F-Pace with all the toys was excellent but very tight with the luggage + baby stroller + car seat and the works.

Nice experience renting a Premium Elite but don't think I will repeat, next august I'm going for a standard SUV as usually do!

PS: I rented out of MIA, everything was sold out, I wasn't even able to downgrade to a Fullsize SUV, there was nothing to choose from.
Thanks for the update.
A jag would be nice.