Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 17 Apr 19, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
stardoman
Very Serious Dibber

We didn't like Gatorland at all. We felt very uncomfortble with the way the gators were treated. The wrestling in particular made us feel sorry for them. None of my family would go again.
stardoman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nicksgirl View Post
We used to love Gatorland, especially our first day.

Somehow though we always felt a little uncomfortable with the shop selling the skins, the heads, the boots and people having their photos taken with the poor things mouths taped up.

We never watched the Gator Wrestling...

I am not sure if we would visit again, its a beautiful area though, x
Excellent review, very fair.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Gilly120
Imagineer

We went to Gatorland last December and really enjoyed it, we never saw the wrestling or where you could have photos with their mouths taped, maybe they dont do this in December.

We enjoyed feeding the budgies, when we were feeding the gators all these birds just appeared it was a like a scene from the film Birds.

We had a great laugh here before we went to the airport.
Old 18 Apr 19, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

We did Wild Florida last year and had done Gatorland a few years ago, I preferred Wild Florida, there are other animals there and a few shows, but I felt the Gator show was more showing then doing the sort of stuff they would naturally do. At Gatorland I also hated the pens of gators on top of each other, they had more room at Wild Florida, you also have the option there of including an Airboat ride. It is a much further out than Gatorland though
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
igoefamily
Imagineer

igoefamily's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 11
We have done Gatorland a few times but its never been a favourite of mine. (personal taste, nothing negative really about the park, except the toilets ). We did go to Wild Florida for the first time 2 years ago as my DD and I did the Sloth Encounter. The encounter itself was pricey (brilliant though) and I do believe it was free to get into the actual park you only paid if you were doing an encounter. It was a lovely place and well worth a visit. Its a wee bit of a drive but nice to see other parts of Florida.
Quality Inn International-July 2001,Quality Inn Plaza - May 2004,Disney All Stars-June 2006,Bahama Bay -July 2007,Villa/HRH - June 2008, Villa - June 2009, Villa 2010, Tuscana Resort Sept 2011,2012 and 2013, SunriseLV(DIBB villa)/RPR Oct 2014,Tuscana Resort /RPR Oct 2015, Regal Oaks Jun 2016,
igoefamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Sonny Eclipse
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Gilly120 View Post
We went to Gatorland last December and really enjoyed it, we never saw the wrestling or where you could have photos with their mouths taped, maybe they dont do this in December.

We enjoyed feeding the budgies, when we were feeding the gators all these birds just appeared it was a like a scene from the film Birds.

We had a great laugh here before we went to the airport.
You have just described my actual fear !
Birds scare the bejesus our of me.
Sonny Eclipse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Sonny Eclipse
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by The Duchess View Post
Gator land has loads of alligators and is more entertainment based.

Wild Florida is quieter and less touristy (in my opinion)

We liked wild Florida better, but it is a bit more of a drive. The animal encounters are good. We did the sloth one

We’ve decided to do wild Florida. How long a drive is it from Disney do you know?
Sonny Eclipse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
TIMBUCK2
Trying for More Ears

I've just asked a similar question about getting to Wild Florida on a different thread, as we're going for 1/2 day in early June and have never been.

We're actually going from Vista Cay resort, not Disney, but looking on Google Maps it looks like we're a similar distance, about 33-35 miles ish. On a clear run it should only take 45 to 50 minutes.

Have a great time !
TIMBUCK2 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

It’s a good hour from the villa areas. I’m not sure we would return as we saw some great birds and alligators for free at Celebration!
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
The Duchess
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sonny Eclipse View Post
We’ve decided to do wild Florida. How long a drive is it from Disney do you know?
It took us just under an hour from all star sports

I Drive -1990 / Windsor Hills 2008
Vegas - 2014
Spandau in Dubai 40th b day trip - 2015
3 weeks all Star sports\ cabana bay 2016
The Duchess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List