Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 8 Apr 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Clamshell
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gabsnoot View Post
We’re looking for 9 nights in July 2020. Not sure where yet, we try and stay at a different resort each time and we can’t all agree on one we’ve not stayed at yet We usually go in October when it’s cooler but our daughter is off to University in September so October’s are out while she’s still keen to come with us.

Also considering renting DVC points for this trip because we felt really bad about the amount of food we wasted with free dining last time. Also my Scottishness is making it difficult to accept the new parking charges, I’m just too tight

I’ve just realised I might have got it wrong and DVC stays might incur a parking charge also. If someone could confirm/deny this, that would be great Thanks
According to the website, no parking charges for DVC

disneyworld.disney.go/en...vices/parking/

Phantom thread-killer of Old London Town 😁
Clamshell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
llynnnn
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by bigkid2014 View Post

We’re looking for POFQ, 11 nights, 19 Aug with, wait for it (horrified looks from Dibbers) TUI from Birmingham. Needs must and all that.

Whats wrong with Tui from Birmingham?

I'm waiting (not so) patiently for this too. We'd love 10 nights in a Disney moderate, or value upgraded to QSDP if the price is a lot cheaper, then 4 nights at RPR at Universal at any point during the school summer hols next year. keeping everything firmly crossed for us all for good news very soon...
llynnnn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveyJ
Imagineer

Looking for 2 weeks from the 4th October 2020. Looked yesterday at CBR via TUI and it was eye watering with paying for QSDP!
SteveyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
bigkid2014
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by llynnnn View Post
Originally Posted by bigkid2014 View Post

We’re looking for POFQ, 11 nights, 19 Aug with, wait for it (horrified looks from Dibbers) TUI from Birmingham. Needs must and all that.

Whats wrong with Tui from Birmingham?

I'm waiting (not so) patiently for this too. We'd love 10 nights in a Disney moderate, or value upgraded to QSDP if the price is a lot cheaper, then 4 nights at RPR at Universal at any point during the school summer hols next year. keeping everything firmly crossed for us all for good news very soon...
Forgot to say TUI package 🤪
bigkid2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

I'm waiting and really hoping for a good free dining deal for October 2020. Took my parents and brother to Disney in 2018 for my folks 60th birthday gift, as it was 20 years on from the first time we went and was meant to be a big one off celebration. However we had such a good time that everyone is desperate to go back!

So I really really need a good price, ideally October in 1 bed at OKW (as we had that last time and everyone loved it). But otherwise thinking Coronado or Port Orleans Riverside (stayed at both of them and loved it)!
gtyrel10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveyJ
Imagineer

I'm hopeful something is in the pipeline as October has obviously been released to the tour operators now but it's still not showing on the Disney website.
SteveyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
emsparkles
VIP Dibber

emsparkles's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Looking for any EPCOT resort area (provisionally booked room only at Yacht Club but may cancel and rebook to another resort if free DDP does come out),10 Nights, 1st March. PE Virgin Atlantic flights. Virgin holidays quoted me something stupid and that included the 'free dinning' offer so probably not going to go for that and after last years VH's overbooking before the offer had come out, there is something about it that I just dont trust.

DVC Member: Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort- August 2001 ** Upcoming February 2024***
Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resort- March 2020, October 2018 & 2023
Disney's Boardwalk Inn & Villas - February/March 2017 & 2016
Disney's Coronando Springs Resort - June 2013
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort - May 2012 & March 2022
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort - April 1995 & 1998
emsparkles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Watching this with interest! Looking for 2 weeks sometime in November (avoiding Thanksgiving, obviously!) as we are taking a friend with us who has been to DLRP but no other Disney parks - she is going to have a blast! But I'm feeling the pressure to choose the right resort for us all (she will have her own room and be a linked booking with ours). I'm leaning towards a moderate so we can get the QSDP free, but so unsure of what to go for.

POFQ - we've done this and loved it
POR - had a 1 night stay there last year (had to return quickly due to family circumstances), looked lovely but weren't there long enough to form an opinion
Coronado Springs - not done this
Old Key West - not moderate, but given that her bathroom looks like it has come straight out of the genuine Old Key West, she would love this one!

Sitting on the edge of my seat right now ...
Old 8 Apr 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
ch1ps
Imagineer

ch1ps's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
5 nights mid-late Aug 2020 (pref BC, YV or WL) just to try deluxe. Will also be doing 5/6 nights at Endless Summer as well.
Old 8 Apr 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Gibby
First POST

Find Flights

Originally Posted by Hotlush View Post
August 2020.

Flights already booked (Thomas Cook, Man->Orl) just waiting for free DDP details to be released to decide whether/where to stay on-site.

Planning a no-car trip so on-site preferred, but not overly fussed which hotel. Dependent on the offering prepared to look at a moderate, but will probably stick with a value to keep the cost down.
Hi,How did you manage to book flights already? i can't find Thomas Cook flights for August 2020
Gibby is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List