Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 15 Apr 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Ktdickson
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Also following along with interest! We’re thinking of doing 3 nights NY 11 nights Disney in May next year. Waiting on quotes from Ocean Florida and Virgin atm, I’ve never attempted a multi centre before so didn’t really know where to start especially with flights! Glad I found this thread
Ktdickson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Kathy2904
Earning More Ears

We are a group of five and we have booked Radio City Apartments as we could get a two bedroom apartment, with a sofa bed in the lounge.
Doing four nights before Orlando.
Kathy2904 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
JakesArmy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by mumsyone View Post
Hi,
We are doing 4 nights in NYC followed by 14 nights in Orlando in June this year so I will let you know how we get on! Booked through a travel agent. I priced all separate and there was no difference so as we are first timers went with the travel agent.
Who did you book with, if you don’t mind me asking?
JakesArmy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mumsyone
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by JakesArmy View Post
Who did you book with, if you don’t mind me asking?
Not at all, we went with American Sky.
mumsyone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
JakesArmy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by mumsyone View Post
Not at all, we went with American Sky.
Thank you! We are looking at doing this type of trip next year too for my husband’s 40th.
JakesArmy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridajill
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Alidoll View Post
We used United Airlines.

Flew from Edinburgh to Newark. Newark airport was terrible - took forever to get through immigration then waited another hour for our transfer into New York.

Stayed in the Tryp by Times Square South (which was close to Penn Station but not great tbh and would not stay there again...or anywhere near Times Square if I went back).

Flight to Orlando was fine and transfer to hotel fine.

Flight back was via Chicago rather than Newark. Had about 2 hours wait between flights (time to buy a T-shirt lol!) and overnight flight back to Edinburgh.

United was OK. Food on board edible and used own headphones for the inflight movies etc (last Oct and Black Panther, Avengers plus loads of other films).
What was it about the Tryp hotel you didn’t like? It’s on my shortlist at the moment!
International Drive 2001, GKTW 2014, Lindfields 2015, Lindfields 2017, St Augustine and Davenport 2018, Disney Beach Club and Villa 2020 - CANCELLED, Fort Myers Beach, Royal Pacific Resort and Indian Creek 2022
Floridajill is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Lolly3
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Just wondered what the average cost is for this type of flight? Never done a split stay before so just wondered what people generally pay for multi city flights, just so I know a good deal (if I see one) when my flights are released x
Lolly3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Hopefulholiday
Very Serious Dibber

Hopefulholiday's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We’re doing 5 nights NY, 8 nights villa and 3 nights HRH. New York staying in a family suite at the Riu Times Square.
Tbh I was a bit naive this trip having never done NY or a multi city trip, I booked the flights in the sale thinking it was a reasonable price £652 going Economy Delight outbound (Heathrow - JFK) and Premium return (Mco Boston Heathrow) but hadn’t looked into the cost of accommodation in NY and the internal flights which were more than expected. Our internal flights are Delta but when I bought them they were cheaper than JetBlue and were much cheaper than previous price on Delta - I think they were $136 but we will have to pay for bags on top at $30 each.
So despite getting a reasonable priced flight for Jun/July by the time I add everything on it won’t be a cheap holiday 😁 but then I am thinking that given the kids will be 19 and 16 when we go this could be our last big trip away as a 4!
In hindsight I should have done more research before booking but you live and learn!
June/July 2019: New York, Riu Plaza & Orlando, villa Sunset Lakes, HRH
Hopefulholiday is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hopefulholiday View Post
We’re doing 5 nights NY, 8 nights villa and 3 nights HRH. New York staying in a family suite at the Riu Times Square.
Tbh I was a bit naive this trip having never done NY or a multi city trip, I booked the flights in the sale thinking it was a reasonable price £652 going Economy Delight outbound (Heathrow - JFK) and Premium return (Mco Boston Heathrow) but hadn’t looked into the cost of accommodation in NY and the internal flights which were more than expected. Our internal flights are Delta but when I bought them they were cheaper than JetBlue and were much cheaper than previous price on Delta - I think they were $136 but we will have to pay for bags on top at $30 each.
So despite getting a reasonable priced flight for Jun/July by the time I add everything on it won’t be a cheap holiday 😁 but then I am thinking that given the kids will be 19 and 16 when we go this could be our last big trip away as a 4!
In hindsight I should have done more research before booking but you live and learn!
That Riu family suite looks gorgeous! I’ll have to have a look into booking that if(when) the time comes.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List