Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 11 Apr 19, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile Don't expect any more evening Extra Magic Hours

Maybe posted elsewhere, but warning for DVCing Dibbers; don't be expecting any more evening Extra Magic Hours as a benefit of staying on site, paid events only:

{Admin: Discussion here... https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1123152 }

This one suits me as I only go on the morning, unless or until that stops too, but I imagine many will be impacted.

Edited at 07:25 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Maybe posted elsewhere, but warning for DVCing Dibbers; don't be expecting any more evening Extra Magic Hours as a benefit of staying on site, paid events only:

{Admin: Discussion here... https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1123152 }

This one suits me as I only go on the morning, unless or until that stops too, but I imagine many will be impacted.
I’m not that surprised, it’s been building to that with all the extra paid for evening events. I do enjoy going to the parks later but I’m not convinced evenings were that much quieter during EMH.
At the moment I’m not tempted to pay extra to go to the parks in the evenings🤔 I think I pay enough as it is!

Edited at 10:10 AM.
boo2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
There is more chance of me being the first man on Mars than me paying Disney for any event.

But of course people will. Those from the UK who do longer than the norm stays and don't do VIP tours or pay for 'events' are not the visitors they want.
Of course we represent such a tiny percentage our views wont influence them. Come the next recession lets see them squeal.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWMAD
slightly serious Dibber

Just seen the other thread on here about this, it really is a step too far by Disney in my opinion. Not only do you lose the pleasure of late night in Magic Kingdom, you also lose an extra hour of EMH as they've only moved one hour to the morning instead of two hours at night.

When we went to WDW in October 2012 we were in Magic Kingdom until 1am a few nights, it has got less and less over the years. This October we are going for 10 nights, out of those 10 nights, Magic Kingdom has 6 nights of the Halloween party on so it closes at 6pm, the other four now close at 9pm and one of them is our arrival day. Thought we at least had one night until 11pm in there, but not now unless we pay £300 for After Hours.

October is the best time for us to go due to school holidays and business needs, so this really is a big kick in the teeth. It was always one of the advantages of staying at VGF, when you were tired at night you just got the boat back across the lake, such a shame.
WDWMAD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WDWMAD View Post
Just seen the other thread on here about this, it really is a step too far by Disney in my opinion. Not only do you lose the pleasure of late night in Magic Kingdom, you also lose an extra hour of EMH as they've only moved one hour to the morning instead of two hours at night.

When we went to WDW in October 2012 we were in Magic Kingdom until 1am a few nights, it has got less and less over the years. This October we are going for 10 nights, out of those 10 nights, Magic Kingdom has 6 nights of the Halloween party on so it closes at 6pm, the other four now close at 9pm and one of them is our arrival day. Thought we at least had one night until 11pm in there, but not now unless we pay £300 for After Hours.

October is the best time for us to go due to school holidays and business needs, so this really is a big kick in the teeth. It was always one of the advantages of staying at VGF, when you were tired at night you just got the boat back across the lake, such a shame.
Sorry to hear this, this shows how this apparent (if this info is correct about it stopping) nickel and diming affects loyal guests. No I wouldn’t be interested in paying another £300 either. We pay enough.
Old 11 Apr 19, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

This is terrible news!... I always said i was not going again this year then softened and booked but this will definitely be the last year for me!...As the previous poster said i too am only going for 8 nights and im plagued with the Halloween party most of those 8 nights and i am paying top prices to stay at the GF thinking it will be wonderful to come and go early morning & late nights...Disney you are just too greedy!
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Extra Magic Hours are a perk that's offered to on site guests, and as a perk, Disney are well within their rights to modify or remove it as they see fit. There have been may perks over the years (which we all took advantage of) in response to a drop in attendance following 9/11 but since then the numbers have steadily increased and Disney no longer need to offer any incentives to fill the parks / rooms.

There seems to be a lot of Disney bashing going on lately, but whats not being address is the fact that Disney are a business and as such are there to make as much profit as they can. The fact they are now offering so many paid extras goes to show that there are people willing to pay for them and while that's the case they'll probably remove further perks and start charging for them.

At the end of the day your park tickets allow you into the parks during set times and that's usually 9am - 9pm, even Seaworld and Universal close at a similar time and no one is complaining about that. I appreciate MK closes early for the Halloween and Christmas parties but that has always been the case. As an on site guest you can still get EMH in the morning if you want which is more than off site guests get.

The bottom line is that Disney can and will charge what they like for extras, and it doesn't matter how much Bob Iger earns or whether they want you to pay $6 to have groceries delivered to your room. If people don't like it then they should vote with their feet and find somewhere else to go on holiday rather than moan every single time Disney does something they don't like. There's going to be plenty more extra charges and we just have to get used to it as it's your choice to pay or not.

Edited at 01:54 PM.
TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
LawrenceFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
Extra Magic Hours are a perk that's offered to on site guests, and as a perk, Disney are well within their rights to modify or remove it as they see fit. There have been may perks over the years (which we all took advantage of) in response to a drop in attendance following 9/11 but since then the numbers have steadily increased and Disney no longer need to offer any incentives to fill the parks / rooms.

There seems to be a lot of Disney bashing going on lately, but whats not being address is the fact that Disney are a business and as such are there to make as much profit as they can. The fact they are now offering so many paid extras goes to show that there are people willing to pay for them and while that's the case they'll probably remove further perks and start charging for them.

At the end of the day your park tickets allow you into the parks during set times and that's usually 9am - 9pm, even Seaworld and Universal close at a similar time and no one is complaining about that. I appreciate MK closes early for the Halloween and Christmas parties but that has always been the case. As an on site guest you can still get EMH in the morning if you want which is more than off site guests get.

The bottom line is that Disney can and will charge what they like for extras, and it doesn't matter how much Bob Iger earns or whether they want you to pay $6 to have groceries delivered to your room. If people don't like it then they should vote with their feet and find somewhere else to go on holiday rather than moan every single time Disney does something they don't like. There's going to be plenty more extra charges and we just have to get used to it as it's your choice to pay or not.
Can't really argue with any of that but that won't mean that people won't be disappointed with the perks being taken away. Especially those who have been loyal customers to Disney for years.

To say that people could always go and holiday elsewhere is the only thing I think you're wrong in saying. It's a two finger salute to all of the people that have helped and supported them become the 'business' they are now. Yes they have every right to remove them but it's still not a great way to treat your customers. Most companies lose sight of this through greed. The best ones don't.

On a personal level I'm disappointed that we won't be able to stay later in the evening - some of our best memories have been riding the mine train or splash mountain at midnight as a family.

Such a shame

Edited at 02:24 PM. Reason: Spelling
LawrenceFamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
There have been may perks over the years (which we all took advantage of) in response to a drop in attendance following 9/11 but since then the numbers have steadily increased and Disney no longer need to offer any incentives to fill the parks / rooms.
There seems to be a lot of Disney bashing going on lately, but whats not being address is the fact that Disney are a business and as such are there to make as much profit as they can.
You're right, it is a business and possibly being run more like a business today than it's ever been, each of their division's seem to be squeezing more and more out of their customers. Just need to look at their share price as in Jan 2009 after the crash their share price was around $18, yesterday they closed at around $116.5. Today they opened at over $128 and that was due to Disney releasing their financial results last evening plus news that they will be launching a Disney+ service to rival Netflix in November.

Now it's over $130.70 a share, so up over 14% on yesterday's closing price and at an all time high.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
ginger ninja
Imagineer

ginger ninja's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Such a shame we cannot enjoy the late nights in summer anymore we will make the most of the one night in our trip in August! We used to love still being in the park at 1am! Another nice perk lost to greed

ginger ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List