Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 15 Apr 19, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Shopping in Orlando area

Hi

I have read others mention different areas they go shopping that are away from the Malls, Premium Outlets etc.

So where is your favourite area and why?

What is there in Haines?

Thanks
Old 15 Apr 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Haines City reallyhas nothing apart from across from Walmart at Southern Dunes Big Lots and Tractor Supply and I do use both
Winter Haven where Lego land is I use for Macy’s Peir 1 Joanne’s and a couple of speciality shops a cheese shop and a country type store
Also Beals Ross ans Marshall’s but it’s very spread out
Posner Park just offJct 55 of the I4 has JCPenny DicksSporting Goods
Michaels Best Buys and Ross asmall Target but building is well under way on Marshalls Home Goods Beals Five Below and Ulta with I’m sure more to. One and also a Burlington’s
Crosslands and the Loop BBW Okosh Kirkland’s Peir1 Hobby Lobby Khols a huge Burlington’s michaels Ross party city sports academy
Are just a few
With coupons discounts and sales they often have as good bargains as the outlets although we do visit the outlets if somebody wants something specific
Mall of Milenia is usually just a coffee and cheese cake stop at cheese cake factory and maybe a look round Florida Mall we visit the odd shop
Honest folks I don’t spend all my time shopping 🛍
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I like winter garden village too! An easy drive up the 429 toll road. 20 mins from 192!
Check out the stickie on here for shopping, it’s excellent!
Old 16 Apr 19, 04:23 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by olgaandcoda View Post
I like winter garden village too! An easy drive up the 429 toll road. 20 mins from 192!
This is a great suggestion for anyone staying near the 192/H27 junction. It is a long way from Haines City for the OP though. I agree with Gryff that Posner Park (especially when the extension is complete) is the best bet near Haines City.
Old 16 Apr 19, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickey Mouse 69
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

We are taking an 11 year old in June who is North Face mad. I've seen both the outlets have a shop but do Ross Marshalls TJ Maxx and Burlington etc stock North Face stuff as well please?
Mickey Mouse 69 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Hi WE're not staying near Haines City just curious whether there was anything there shopping wise?
We'll be close to The Loop, which I'm looking forward to. I just wondered what other areas Dibbers visit.

Thanks
Old 16 Apr 19, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by olgaandcoda View Post
Olga

Nicer ride up toll-free Avalon which you can pick up next to Wawa on 192 - which appeals to an exiled Yorkshireman. Pleasant countryside drive which connects to Winter Gardens Vineland Road then a few minutes to WGV.

We've aleady had one trip to B&BW at the Loop and Joan just waiting for the B3G3F email coupled with the 90% off which we are sure will arrive in time for Easter.

Mick
Old 16 Apr 19, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Haines City reallyhas nothing apart from across from Walmart at Southern Dunes Big Lots and Tractor Supply and I do use both
Winter Haven where Lego land is I use for Macy’s Peir 1 Joanne’s and a couple of speciality shops a cheese shop and a country type store
Also Beals Ross ans Marshall’s but it’s very spread out
Posner Park just offJct 55 of the I4 has JCPenny DicksSporting Goods
Michaels Best Buys and Ross asmall Target but building is well under way on Marshalls Home Goods Beals Five Below and Ulta with I’m sure more to. One and also a Burlington’s
Crosslands and the Loop BBW Okosh Kirkland’s Peir1 Hobby Lobby Khols a huge Burlington’s michaels Ross party city sports academy
Are just a few
With coupons discounts and sales they often have as good bargains as the outlets although we do visit the outlets if somebody wants something specific
Mall of Milenia is usually just a coffee and cheese cake stop at cheese cake factory and maybe a look round Florida Mall we visit the odd shop
Honest folks I don’t spend all my time shopping 🛍
Helen

Made JCP last night after dinner at Ovation as I had a burning desire to buy another Izod Polo shirt. Joan has her B&BW and I like Izod shirts. I'm convinced that they are cheaper at the likes of Macy's and JCP than they are at the Van Heusen shop at the Outlet.

Still a lot of scaffolding around the buildings though and car parks still piles of sand. Maybe close to opening on your next trip.

Mick
Old 16 Apr 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

We like it here and very few tourists. Just seen it's now got a Fresh Kitchen, amazing salad choices.

waterfordlakestowncenter/
Old 16 Apr 19, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
thefergies
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Myakka17 View Post
Hi WE're not staying near Haines City just curious whether there was anything there shopping wise?
We'll be close to The Loop, which I'm looking forward to. I just wondered what other areas Dibbers visit.

Thanks
Bjs brewhouse at the Loop West is good food option.
thefergies is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List