Notices

Old 17 Apr 19, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile The Florida 9 Are Off Again

Hi everyone
We haven't been since 2015 (our 40th wedding anniversary) so looking forward to seeing all the new stuff. I never thought we would be going back again so I am over the moon. Especially since all the family are coming too. This will be my 5th trip since 1990. We took our children when they were 9 and 11 and hubby and I were fortunate enough to do it child free in 1996. Then the Florida 9 did it in 2013 and 2015.

First the introductions

Me: Linda (Supergran) 64 going on 24. Never too old for Disney. Big Disnerd. At my pushing and pleading (with the help of my daughter) hubby gave in. He wanted to go really but made us work for it. Another trip 😁 Everyone agreed when we got together for Christmas 2017 that we should all go again. Within a couple of weeks I had a package booked before hubby could change his mind. Virgin direct flights at 1pm ish out of Gatwick, a 6 bed 6 bath villa at Championsgate for 21 nights, and a 12 seater vehicle. 24th October to 14th November. Looking forward to seeing Disney decked out in Christmas stuff. Let the planning commence! On a diet to lose some blubber before we go. Huge wuss and I hate the coasters so I become a bag lady!

Hubby: Tony. 71. Another wrinkly. Prefers Universal! He had a stroke in July 2017 but was determined he would walk and talk again. Very bloody minded and determined, and succeeded. A long hard struggle but he did it.
I'm so proud of him. Loves pub quizzes and supports Arsenal. Well nobody's perfect. We went to Mexico last October and I was amazed he managed so well. Good practise for our Disney trip. Not sure how I feel about him doing the coasters so will play it by ear. He will probably give the biggest ones a miss this time.

Daughter: Amie. 37. Another huge Disnerd. Like mother like daughter. She got married at Paradise Cove in 2015 while we were there. Succeeded in getting her English degree as well as looking after the children, house and working in PGMA at the local hospital. My partner in crime. Helps with the planning big time. She has just lost a stone. Puts me to shame! My rock during hubby's recovery. Another vodka lover like me. (But we are not alkies, honest guv!)

Simon: Son in Law. Loves our family trips. Does all the cooking at home. And he's so good at it. Although he is not the biological dad the children love him to bits. Big football fan and gamer.

Joshua: Grandson. 18. Going to Leicester Uni in September and currently working part time at a holiday camp again this year to save. Having his driving test soon. Over 6 foot and like a string bean but can eat like he has hollow legs. Looking forward to the food.

Tayla: Grandaughter. 13 going on 30. Now at high school. Very girly. Into make up blogs on You Tube. Does gymnastics every weekend. Loves being in the water so the villa pool will be well used. Nearly as tall as me already. (I'm 5'2") Looking forward to the cakes. Just like me!

Son: Matthew. 40. Another 6 footer. Works as a medical engineer at Addenbrooks. Did 15 years in the R.A.F. Met his (now) wife a few weeks before he started his training. Together with Claire for 12 years before getting engaged then married within the year. Doing all the driving this time as hubby is not confident enough since the stroke. A runner and another good cook.

Claire: 37. Daughter in Law. Head pharmacist in Icu at Addenbrooks. Very brainy. A redhead like me and wears factor 50 before stepping outside. Now studying to become a pharmacy consultant. Very patient. Not sure I would have waited 12 years to get engaged.😉 No signs of any grandchildren in the near future. 😪

Graham: Hubby's brother. 65. Another wrinkly. So laid back and goes with the flow. The children adore him. A great Funcle. Never met the right woman and enjoys the single life, going to the theatre, and another good cook.

Having booked the package with Kenwood Travel I then turned my attention to tickets. I got them booked with a deposit (2019 tickets for 2018 prices). 21 days Disney and 14 days Universal from Attraction Tickets Direct. The Florida 9 are all here on Easter Sunday for lunch. (Beans on toast). Only joking! Then its time to look at the plan and get numbers for Halloween Horror Nights, MVMCP, and NASA so I can get those tickets booked as well. We are still undecided whether to do Seaworld/Busch Gardens/Aquatica and I guess this will be discussed on Sunday. With Galaxys Edge opening in August the parks may be busier so it might be that we give them a miss and concentrate on Disney and Universal. Amie bought the Universal photopass when they had an offer on so I gave her half towards it.

We will probably do an overnight at RPR at Universal to get two days express passes. Something else to be discussed on Sunday.

I got 4 Premier Inn rooms booked just after Christmas for £34.50 per room and booked a minibus to take us and pick us up from Gatwick. Son and daughter in law will travel by train from Ely and meet us for the twilight check in.

I had a bit of a windfall a few weeks ago so got my $ from John Lewis at 1.32.

I still have ESTA's to do and I have been visiting Primarni in the city regularly for Disney/Harry Potter stuff. Everyone got t shirts, shorts, socks, Mickey hats, and Pj's for Christmas and the girls got the Mickey backpacks and purses as well. I've been getting some funny Disney t shirts from Ebay/Amazon and would love to visit the Primarni in Birmingham but I have a weekend away in the city with my sisters in May and again in June with daughter Amie so may have to give up that idea. 😉

I'm watching Tim Tracker's food blogs, and Dibbing every day and Amie and I are defintely in the zone now. The countdown is on.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

How lovely to have such a big family trip! Can't wait to read about your planning 👍
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Bringonthesun!
Excited about Disney

Are we there yet?!

I’m Amie and I cannot wait!
Bringonthesun! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List