Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 Apr 19, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
jojo82
slightly serious Dibber

Rope dropping fop in emh?

I recently booked all our fastpasses for our upcoming trip and couldn’t get one for fop on our first full day. It’s early morning hours that day so can get in the park at 8am. What would the wait be if I went straight to fop? Any ideas? Also what time should I leave okw on the bus to get to the park before the 8am opening? Any help would be great. Thanks.
jojo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
BarryL
Imagineer

Like most rope drops it really depends on what time you arrive at.

If you arrive at the gate at the advertised opening time (in this case 8am) the earliest arrivers will already have been on FoP. You're looking at a 60min wait by then at least. By 8:15 it could easily be double that.

Most days guests enter the gates around 30mins before opening, are held briefly at the Tree of Life before joining the quick walk to FoP with the ride running 15mins before opening.

The reality of rope drop is that you need to arrive much earlier than opening time to take advantage of short waits at headliners such as SD and FoP
To walk onto FoP during EMH arrive as close to 7 as possible (or before 8am for a regular open)
BarryL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Toria
Getting Excited

My brother was there on Tuesday at the park for when it opened so not technically rope drop but went straight to FOP to find a 180 min wait at 9.20am.. We went in September 2017 and couldn't get on (I couldn't queue for that long) We are going back in June and I have everything crossed we get on this year!
Toria is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryL
Imagineer

deleted
BarryL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo82
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by BarryL View Post
Like most rope drops it really depends on what time you arrive at.

If you arrive at the gate at the advertised opening time (in this case 8am) the earliest arrivers will already have been on FoP. You're looking at a 60min wait by then at least. By 8:15 it could easily be double that.

Most days guests enter the gates around 30mins before opening, are held briefly at the Tree of Life before joining the quick walk to FoP with the ride running 15mins before opening.

The reality of rope drop is that you need to arrive much earlier than opening time to take advantage of short waits at headliners such as SD and FoP
To walk onto FoP during EMH arrive as close to 7 as possible (or before 8am for a regular open)
This is exactly what I needed to know. Thank you. With it being our first morning I’m sure we will be up extremely early so could easily take advantage of that and arrive well before 8am. I think we will see how we feel at the time. I do have two fastpasses for it but not until a week into the holiday.
jojo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

I was u unable to get fast pass for FOP, the plan is to be at animal kingdom at least an hour and a half before opening to hopefully get on as soon as the park open with a minimal wait so fingers crossed.
Orlandoguy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Mymemories
VIP Dibber

We did FOP on EMH mornings multiple times during Xmas week. We arrived at the park an hour before EMH.

You need to queue at the left hand turnstiles and then you will be guided/walked to FOP by cast members. Once through the entrance the cast members formed a barrier just before you go onto The Island bridge to check your MB again.

After that you’re over the bridge and keep left.
Old 19 Apr 19, 03:45 AM  
Link to this Post
elliecjno1
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by Mymemories View Post
We did FOP on EMH mornings multiple times during Xmas week. We arrived at the park an hour before EMH.

You need to queue at the left hand turnstiles and then you will be guided/walked to FOP by cast members. Once through the entrance the cast members formed a barrier just before you go onto The Island bridge to check your MB again.

After that you’re over the bridge and keep left.
Exactly this! Got to the park for 0700/0715 & were towards the front (even though still tonnes of people) & managed to be in, ridden FOP & off in approx 40 mins from EMH rope drop, line was long but moved quickly.
April '18 - WDW - POFQ & Emerald Island Villa

MAY '20 - WDW - POFQ & AMI CANCELLED BY COVID
elliecjno1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Minimanam
Apprentice Imagineer

Minimanam's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I totally understand the need to get there early and will be doing just that myself, but if I get there an hour before opening and then lets same have a 30min wait for FoP this gives a total of 90mins wait - would I not be better off just waiting for a time later in the day when the standby line has reduced to a 90min wait anyway?

Port Orleans Riverside

Art of Animation Suite

2016 - Art of Animation Suite

2019 - Beach Club Resort

Minimanam is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
simdon
Earning More Ears

Mobile

The advantage is that the time waiting is before park opening so your not wasting the time queuing while the park is open
simdon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List