Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Apr 19, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Rickster1978
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by StaffsLass View Post
We were on the man to mco and there was definitely premium meals as my parents had one! It was the steward who told my dad it was business inthe very front and they couldn’t let people sit there as there were too many premium passengers. I requested them to be sat at the bulkhead as the reason they wanted premium seats was because they have bad legs and mum has assistance. My mum came and sat with me at the back and said there was more leg room there. My dad said about lack of leg room.
Hi. There were definitely people sat in the front two rows as I was just behind them. They were massive seats and way bigger than our premium ones on the way out but I don’t think they would be classed as business as Thomas Cook don’t have business class and it was still a Thomas Cook plane as far as I’m aware. They only have economy and premium. I wonder if the staff were feeding people a line to try to keep them happy?

We had the pasta meal, what did your parents have? It wouldn’t have been the James Martin meal as they don’t do them on the return flight. It’s always the same on the TC flights as it’s American catering on the way back. The staff on the way out weren’t very conplimentary about the food on the way back lol.

I hope you manage to get the 75% flight refund on the return flight. I will be fighting hard for it as it’s a considerable refund.

Edited at 03:51 PM.
Rickster1978 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Jacko5
Getting Excited

Hi. We had this a couple of years ago. Found out our return premium was cancelled a few months before and got £125 refund pp plus the difference. We got to keep the additional perks.

I complained again when we got home about that a another couple of slight issues and got a £500 voucher which we have put towards this years trip. Could have maybe held out for more but was happy with that.

Sunset Lakes 2006, Sheraton LBV 2011, Emerald Island 2014, Sunset Lakes 2017, Emerald Island 2019
Jacko5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Definitely no three class planes with TC. Just all economy or premium/economy.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 04:03 AM  
Link to this Post
StaffsLass
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We were on the flight TO mco so definately was a James Martin meal. Was a chicken meal with a square potato thing.
I Had curry in economy. Did they have any pillows and blankets? My son was given the only 3 they had on our flight to pad him up in his seat as he can't sit unaided. They then found one pillow and that was all they had.

1987: Sheraton Yankee Trader, Fort Lauderdale/Orlando Vacation
1989: Days Inn Altamonte Springs
1991: Quality Inn, Int Drive
1993: Travelodge Kissimmee
1996: Comfort Inn, Int Drive
1998/2000: Howard Johnson Maingate West
2003: Sheraton World
2005/2008 Disney Palms Villa, Glenbrook
2007: Belle Palms Villa, Tuscan Hills
StaffsLass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Rickster1978
Proud to wear my Ears

I’ve just realised that I think we are talking about different flights.

I’m talking about the return flight from Orlando into Manchester and it looks like you are talking about the one coming out to Orlando. Is that the case?

There wasn’t business class though as TC definitely don’t have three tier planes. It’s just economy and premium.

Edited at 08:46 AM.
Rickster1978 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Rickster1978
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

My expected issue had occurred with it proving tricky to get the flight price for the return flight from TC as it was a package holiday My Magic Holidays are kindly chasing them for it but I did wonder if this could prove the sticking point for me.
Old 23 Apr 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeyYay
Imagineer

I don’t see how it’s right you should miss out because of booking it as a package. There must be a breakdown of price when your agent booked on your behalf. Don’t be deterred, you should be able to claim.

Certainly puts me off a package holiday if this is the case.
MickeyYay is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
baboons
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rickster1978 View Post
My expected issue had occurred with it proving tricky to get the flight price for the return flight from TC as it was a package holiday My Magic Holidays are kindly chasing them for it but I did wonder if this could prove the sticking point for me.
If they claim that's tricky, tell them you'll hit then with a request under data protection legislation. They can do this the easy way or the hard way 😀
baboons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Rickster1978
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

So I’ve today been speaking to Thomas Cook who are standing firm that they will only offer the refund of the premium cost as it is a service and not an upgrade. I’ve told them that this is absolute nonsense and I will start the court proceedings now. Prior to doing that I shall email the CEO to see if I get any movement from him. Has anyone else on the flight had any more success yet?
Old 9 May 19, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post
StaffsLass
Apprentice Imagineer

We only arrived home yesterday so will be looking into it for my parents in the next few days. We were flight only. I spoke to the cabin crew on our return flight and they had no idea which aircraft it actually was. Do you know?!

1987: Sheraton Yankee Trader, Fort Lauderdale/Orlando Vacation
1989: Days Inn Altamonte Springs
1991: Quality Inn, Int Drive
1993: Travelodge Kissimmee
1996: Comfort Inn, Int Drive
1998/2000: Howard Johnson Maingate West
2003: Sheraton World
2005/2008 Disney Palms Villa, Glenbrook
2007: Belle Palms Villa, Tuscan Hills
StaffsLass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List