Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 21 Apr 19, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Mike. Yes you would. The parking 'perk' that the Member gets relates to his/her bookings and that includes when the Points are rented out to others.

My Son wants a 21 night stay next year in a Moderate. $399 will be the parking costs..
Daylight robbery.
Not big eaters and always believe the accom increases in price along with the ddp cost to make it look like a good deal to get free ddp

Think I will price holiday using dvc points to get free parking and discounted price on Disney accom rates. Then add the costs me normally pay for food for 2 weeks and compare it at the same hotel using the free ddp at similar hotels to dvc

Had ddp before but I believe it restricts your holiday as you are constantly looking at your watch to time getting to restaurants
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The parking fee is annoying me but we still prefer to have a car. It does make renting DVC points more attractive though.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

I was living in hope that they would extend the UK free parking perk another year once 2020 went on sale, sadly not the case...

It does pose a difficult question as to what to do for next years trip. With October falling outside the free DDP window its already looking a lot more expensive than previous trips to stay on site. Adding on 2 weeks of parking charges as well is even worse.

Our plan is for a week as a family before being joined by parents / siblings for a further week and a half / 2 weeks. The first week we certainly wont be bothering with a car, the remainder may well get compressed to a shorter period still (maybe only having the car for the middle week). I don't mind Disney transportation (and the girls much prefer it).

As others have said it does make renting DVC points sound a lot more attractive, I'm just a bit nervous handing 10 grand over to a stranger (and I suspect my parents who will be funding a big chunk of the holiday will be even more weary of it).
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

We won’t be taking a car this year when we usually would. We’ll get one when we move offsite but will use buses and Uber when onsite.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by The Fatadder View Post
I was living in hope that they would extend the UK free parking perk another year once 2020 went on sale, sadly not the case...

It does pose a difficult question as to what to do for next years trip. With October falling outside the free DDP window its already looking a lot more expensive than previous trips to stay on site. Adding on 2 weeks of parking charges as well is even worse.

Our plan is for a week as a family before being joined by parents / siblings for a further week and a half / 2 weeks. The first week we certainly wont be bothering with a car, the remainder may well get compressed to a shorter period still (maybe only having the car for the middle week). I don't mind Disney transportation (and the girls much prefer it).

As others have said it does make renting DVC points sound a lot more attractive, I'm just a bit nervous handing 10 grand over to a stranger (and I suspect my parents who will be funding a big chunk of the holiday will be even more weary of it).
Use Dave's Rentals based in Canada. Top company and your money is safe.

From their FAQ - Payment can be made by Visa, or Master Card, and if you have a PayPal account you can also pay with PayPal, American Express, or Discover. There are no additional charges for payment processing.

I would do the payment as per the bold bit I highlighted.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 10:27 AM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
priced up Coronado for 2 weeks in park tickets and parking with free qsdp and a $300 gift card would be £3406 ( the gift card would cover the parking)

priced old key west studio with dvc at £1987 plus park tickets at £858 = £2845 and free parking

difference is £561in favour of old key west. only 2 of us so may only spend and extra £200 on food

so for £100 each would rather go for old key west or boardwalk for an extra £100

I guess if there were 4 of us the free meal plan would be cheaper option

Edited at 10:48 AM.
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I'm just wondering how Disney will start dealing with all the Uber queues that will eventually become like a ride - maybe their introduce it as an option on your fastpass
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I can't drive so not an issue for me. I use buses all the time at home so a WDW trip is no different for me. I just use Uber for Discovery Cove.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List