Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Apr 19, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Thomas Cook - PE or extra legroom

My flight from Manchester (August 2020) with Thomas Cook is offering extra legroom seats for £65pp or PE upgrade for £130pp. Not sure which to go for. Has anyone flown Thomas Cook before? Is the upgrade worth it or even the extra legroom seats? Not sure whether to book either now or take a gamble that they might offer us a cheaper price at check-in instead. Any advice appreciated. Thanks 😊
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

We fly PE with them and well worth it in our opinion. We looked at price of economy, added extra leg room, fast service check in (can be booked separately for economy), drinks on demand, extra luggage and luggage off first, plus ife, we ended up booking PE and have done ever since. We like PE for the extras, worth it for us as it’s a nice way to start the holiday. We are looking for next year and will be flying PE again.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by anneeb View Post
We fly PE with them and well worth it in our opinion. We looked at price of economy, added extra leg room, fast service check in (can be booked separately for economy), drinks on demand, extra luggage and luggage off first, plus ife, we ended up booking PE and have done ever since. We like PE for the extras, worth it for us as it’s a nice way to start the holiday. We are looking for next year and will be flying PE again.
Thank you. I was just wondering about drinks. I’ve only flown BA and VA and on both of those drinks were complimentary in Economy. Is that not the case with TC?
Old 20 Apr 19, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

I know they are complimentary with meal service but not on demand, some people buy drinks before boarding. We fly from Manchester and the quicker check-in is worth it, still busy though. Coming back last year the queue for economy check-in was very long, so glad we were through in about 20 minutes even with queuing
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

It depends when you fly in August, but our flight out only had one seat available in PE on check-in, next to me , coming back there weren’t any seats available. We fly from Manchester as well
Old 20 Apr 19, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I know they are complimentary with meal service but not on demand, some people buy drinks before boarding. We fly from Manchester and the quicker check-in is worth it, still busy though. Coming back last year the queue for economy check-in was very long, so glad we were through in about 20 minutes even with queuing
Thank you. I didn’t realise quicker check-in is included too. Sounds like a better deal to get PE than extra legroom. Thank you. Shame that they’re not offering PE on the way home too on our flight 🤷🏼
Old 20 Apr 19, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by emmafleur View Post
Thank you. I didn’t realise quicker check-in is included too. Sounds like a better deal to get PE than extra legroom. Thank you. Shame that they’re not offering PE on the way home too on our flight 🤷🏼
Keep an eye on the flights as flying back may become an option, you could always live chat Thomas Cook airlines and ask
Old 20 Apr 19, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Keep an eye on the flights as flying back may become an option, you could always live chat Thomas Cook airlines and ask
Fab - thanks 😊
Old 20 Apr 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Mobile

I paid similar for an upgrade to PE with Thomas Cook in 2017. Our two grown up son's booked on the flight a few weeks later and the price of PE upgrades had increased. They paid £60 for the extra leg room seats instead.
I'd say that for PE is a good price and worth it, I'd doubt you'd get better at check in. It's a supply and demand thing so you can never be certain.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Gasman66
Serious Dibber

OP
Another vote for Thomas Cook PE travelled with them for the first time last Oct pre-booked 7A & 7C plenty of leg room and no one behind you no toilet queues or noise : and first off both ends It is great food outbound (James Martin meals) but the usual food on the inbound, and the price was right. Would we book with them again...definitely.
Gasman66 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List