Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 21 Apr 19, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Rbf1979
Excited about Disney

Tampa to Kissimmee

I know it can vary due to traffic and roadworks. But roughly how long has it taken everyone to get to Kissimmee from tampa, after arriving on the BA flight. We are doing it in August, I just a feeling it’s going to be a long day.
Cheers
Rbf1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Quickest we’ve done it but we are Haines City is an hour and 15 mins
But that was at midnight longest almost 2hours hit the Bucks football game traffic on a Sunday afternoon
So somewhere in that time scale
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Rbf1979
Excited about Disney

Thank you.
Rbf1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
lifes2comp
Excited about Disney

Normally about an hour and 15 for me, we have flown into Tampa on a Thursday most recent years and stay in villas on 27/192.

Often busy around Tampa as coming out airport towards rush hour but I have always found it very straightforward and once you are on the I4 it’s pretty easy. Find the traffic flows much better in the US using any lane at more sensible speeds compared to motorways here. Get the car, put radio on, wife and kids go to sleep and I cruise to the villa.

Flying into MCO for the first time in years and not looking forward to it because so set in my Tampa routine!
lifes2comp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
People say it's quicker to get through immigration etc at Tampa so I would imagine even though the drive is longer , from the time you get off the plane to arriving at your accommodation will be roughly the same
Rob
Lisbon is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

We did the same drive in September last year. Picking up the car and exiting the airport was all done very quickly. Leaving the airport you join the George J. Bean Parkway and within a couple of miles join highway 60 for about 2 miles and then join I275. The rush hour will just be starting so be prepared to be going fairly slow until you join I4.
Old 22 Apr 19, 01:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Persnicketty
Serious Dibber

Last July, from exiting the Tampa Airport rental garage to arriving at Sunset Lakes in Kissimmee was 1hr 40m, with rush hour traffic around Tampa, some roadworks on the I4 and a silly wrong turn.

But, the total time taken from touchdown at Tampa to arrival in Kissimmee was STILL nearly an hour faster than the same experience via MCO
Persnicketty is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
sam67
Very Serious Dibber

Good to read all the postive posts about flying into Tampa as we're doing this in Feb for the first time
sam67 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsGrumpy
Apprentice Imagineer

Be warned it can take a LOT longer depending on the time of year, and if there’s anything on at the State Showground. Have known it to take over four hours... 😯
MrsGrumpy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List