Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Apr 19, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

Mobile Dog owners please

Our girl seems to have hurt her paw /ankle. She doesn't make any fuss and she seemed fine earlier when she was climbing for a fuss. But since she has been intermittently been holding up her front leg and looks uncomfortable putting her paw down. Next she is chasing the pigeons. 🙄

The joint looks quite swollen, compared to the other leg but when she finally let us get near it doesn't feel much different to the other leg. I don't think it's worth a trip to the emergency vet as I don't think it's broken.

Any suggestions other than to rest? We were going to take her for a long walk, but that's prob not a good idea. So house rest it is for her. For today. Shame on such a lovely day.
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

The problem you have is a dog has a huge pain threshold, id put a cold pack on it and see how she is tomorrow, and stop her chasing the flying vermin 😂😎 just in case it irritates it anymore.

Edited at 11:28 AM.
colin39 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

Mobile

I know. And this one makes very little fuss. She has just jumped on the sofa and climbed over putting her weight through the leg.
I'll see if there is an ice pack, but to be honest i doubt she would stay put to keep it in place.

She runs off if you try to look at the paw.

Trouble is she need to go out in the garden for toilet and there are always pigeon out there, if not pigeons other birdies
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Hopefulholiday
Very Serious Dibber

Hopefulholiday's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Our staffie cross is recovery from a pulled/torn muscle, he’s been to the vets and was given 1 weeks worth of anti- inflammatories and told little and often for walks for 4-6 weeks including on the lead in the garden.
The problem is he seems to be improving then has zoomies round the house and starts limping again so not sure how he will recover.
I think you’re doing the right thing, not really an emergency situation unless it gets significantly worse I wouldn’t have thought but does sound like it may be a trip to the vets if no improvement after the weekend - fingers crossed rest will do the job.
June/July 2019: New York, Riu Plaza & Orlando, villa Sunset Lakes, HRH
Hopefulholiday is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Usually I would say give it a few days, as dogs often pull things but there usually isn't noticeable swelling.

I would go with 2 rest days and then if still the same with swelling by Tuesday get her looked at by the vet. Obv if she is getting distressed or things progress I would then take her to the emergency vet. You know your dog best so just go with how you feel.
Old 21 Apr 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

We have tried putting some ice on, but as soon as you get close she moves away 🙄 or thinks its food. I can't see how we will keep it on for any length of time.

She went out for toilet and zoomed back in. If we stop her going outside she will zoom around the house instead, and there is no stopping her.

We have just booked online to take her to the vet on tue morning.

She is my moms dog and we will be going back home later. Told mom to leave her be and not walk her too far.

Edited at 01:59 PM.
Old 21 Apr 19, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Take dog to vets,it may have a plant seed embedded in the paw, very painful, causes swelling and can in severe cases migrate further up the leg.
Old 23 Apr 19, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

Mobile

Pupdate, mom took her to the vets. Vet thinks it's a sting or possible infected cut as no mobility issues. (she was in the doghouse yesterday for digging). She has some treatments to take.