Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 Apr 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
globedust
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We went last year with DDP and 18 month old and braved the supermarket. Going to be doing the same with a now 2 year old in May. We won’t buy a lot but a few healthier snacks (veg sticks, cheese, crackers) and breakfast food - toast with cream cheese is the standby food for when too tired or won’t eat. Tried doing it in shop at SSR last time round and found it extortionate so it was worth it for us over 2 weeks. Am sure you could manage but for an hour’s trip it was worth it.
globedust is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyF1rstT1me
slightly serious Dibber

We had a week on the ddp last year and our kids like to eat as soon as they wake so we just took one selection pack of the tiny variety cereals you get over here and bought milk and bigger boxes of cereal from the shop in our hotel lobby.

No need for trip to grocery store or delivery service. We drank tap water and would refill bottles and put them in the hotel fridge overnight for next day and/or bought fizzy drinks in the park using snack credits, of which we had LOADS left at the end of the week.
DisneyF1rstT1me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Thanks all! I’m gonna risk it for a biscuit! Mini cereal a good shout though - if I can squeeze it in me case!

We’ve only ever done DDP once before but that was before kids so was not too sure. We have done QSDP before and I probably did over buy as someone mentioned earlier.

I used to like going to the supermarkets but it’s s mixture of things - my son gets very antsy (asd) about it and finds it very overwhelming. Also two small kids, big huge supermarket is s bit much for us. Plus the last time we went we had quite a few people coming up asking for money and even approaching the car, made me uneasy again particularly with kids. Last time someone watched me the whole time packing car and getting kids in their seats, made me really nervy. So I did want to avoid it if possible. For the second week we will do GG I think for ease as I have an account.
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by TC Devon View Post
I did nt know there were shops on site for basic groceries. Is there one at Pofq and Akl?
Defo at AKL and POR so I assume POFQ too.
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarey101
Proud to wear my Ears

We got a Garden Grocer delivery the second time we stayed onsite with ddp which I found expensive. Got A case of bottled water, some milk, fruit, snacks, gatorade etc. We barely touched the crate of water, or fruit, or Gatorade that my son was so desperate for! Last time we had qsdp. We went to the gas station at Disney Springs a couple of times to get some milk, bud light for hubby and snacks for the boys. Good prices and the boys enjoyed looking at all the different American snacks. Uber back to CBR was quick and cheap

Edited at 10:37 PM.
Clarey101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bigmick
Getting Excited

You get that much food on the ddp there Is no way I'd even think about getting a delivery of shopping. Might nip out for a bottle of water on the way back from the parks but wouldn't be to worried about it.
Bigmick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

No I don't do a grocery delivery or go to a supermarket. Everything I want is there.

Edited at 10:49 PM.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

I always do one for water, cereal and toiletries. Mostly for water and toiletries, the first of which is extortionately expensive on WDW property and the latter of which is very heavy in our luggage. We take Chilly’s water bottles with us to reduce plastic waste and buy the large water containers and decant them. I also get a huge 1% milk as it makes up 50% of DD’s daily food intake. Yes. I know 🙄

Edited at 11:02 PM.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post

I would take a trip to walmart / have a delivery

i would grab bottles of water / soda ( or take a chilly bottle for the iced water from QS places ) and grab some tubes of Pringles / lays, some snack bars, nature valley bars are great, grab some large multi-packs of various candy / chocolate bars

the reason, why spend a snack credit on a bottle of water / soda, when you can spend it on a ice cream etc etc
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We (hopefully) will be on QSDP on our next trip for the first time. DS drinks a lot of water every day at home and drinks even more when we are in Florida.
We will be popping out to Super Target and Publix to pick up multipacks of water, sun cream etc and also to browse. Supermarket visits are part of our Florida holiday tradition.
I have seen on other forums that Instacart seems to work out better value than Garden Grocer, or Amazon Prime Now - have no direct experience of them myself.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List