Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Apr 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
bootsie
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

That's so kind of you to offer thank you I couldn't have taken them from you but we are looking for 21 May onwards! Like you say something will probably come up but if not I plan to go towards the end of the night and queue!
bootsie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Griff_389
Very Serious Dibber

Curious how a ride can have availability for 4 but not for 2.
How does that work?
Griff_389 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Robblps
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

If it has availability for 4 then it has availability for 2.
Robblps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by lmorgan View Post
I only found this the other day and have been on here for years, is it new?
The current version has been on the DIBB for many months now. I think it first appeared around July last year.

The DIBB also had an older version several years ago but, due to changes in the FP system, that disappeared a year or so before the new version appeared.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs-Weasley
Very Serious Dibber

We are a group of 7 so will this work for us? Looking at the availability it is only for groups of 2 and 4 people.
Mrs-Weasley is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Mrs-Weasley View Post
We are a group of 7 so will this work for us? Looking at the availability it is only for groups of 2 and 4 people.
Although the automated update is set up only to look at groups of 2 or 4 people (primarily because most people heading to Disney are usually a family of 4 or a couple - and looking for all different combinations of numbers would make things too complicated) it gives a general idea of availability for everyone.

If it shows that there's availability for 4 in the morning then it generally means availability is good on that day for that ride. If it shows that there's only availability for 4 in the evening, or only availability for 2, then it means availability is limited and you may struggle to get fastpasses.

Also, you may want to split your party into two groups - one of 4 people and one of 3 people - then then try and get overlapping fastpasses (or maybe even into 3 groups). So, although there may not be 7 fastpasses available at 10am for a ride, there may be 3 fastpasses available at 10am and 4 fastpasses available at 10:20am.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs-Weasley
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Although the automated update is set up only to look at groups of 2 or 4 people (primarily because most people heading to Disney are usually a family of 4 or a couple - and looking for all different combinations of numbers would make things too complicated) it gives a general idea of availability for everyone.

If it shows that there's availability for 4 in the morning then it generally means availability is good on that day for that ride. If it shows that there's only availability for 4 in the evening, or only availability for 2, then it means availability is limited and you may struggle to get fastpasses.

Also, you may want to split your party into two groups - one of 4 people and one of 3 people - then then try and get overlapping fastpasses (or maybe even into 3 groups). So, although there may not be 7 fastpasses available at 10am for a ride, there may be 3 fastpasses available at 10am and 4 fastpasses available at 10:20am.
That makes sense thank you, if I split the group up does that mean I will need 2 or 3 new MDE profiles for them? At the moment I am lead guest and all 7 of us are on my MDE account. (sorry about the questions I have never booked it for this many people before in one party)
Mrs-Weasley is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Mrs-Weasley View Post
That makes sense thank you, if I split the group up does that mean I will need 2 or 3 new MDE profiles for them? At the moment I am lead guest and all 7 of us are on my MDE account. (sorry about the questions I have never booked it for this many people before in one party)
It's been a while since I've booked fastpasses but I don't think you need additional MDE profiles.

When choosing who you want to book fastpasses for, just select a subset of your party, book fastpasses for them, and then go in again and select the rest of the people in your party and book fastpasses for them.

Admittedly, it is a bit more hassle and means you have to book each ride twice, once for each sub-group.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~