Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Apr 19, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
karen1980
Serious Dibber

We are flying with virgin so will need to check how much extra it will be. But with all that’s said seems like it’s worth paying the extra just need to find out when’s best to look as we have a gone through an agent. Can I upgrade with virgin? or would I have to go back to the agent who booked our flights?
karen1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
I enjoy travelling PE with VA but I wouldn't pay silly money for it over economy. To me, its probably worth about £80 pp per leg.

But then, I'm not particularly tall. I just pay for it if I can get a good price as I enjoy the experience more than in economy. Some people would never pay for it, others always will. Personal choice and all that.
Old 23 Apr 19, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Puddock
Earning My Ears

We paid £2500 for three full fares with BA. The prices this year have been loopy so happy to get the flights for this. We are tied to flying on a Saturday which is the most expensive day.

Edited at 04:38 PM.
Puddock is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mghayward
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We always do premium economy with TUI 😎
Old 23 Apr 19, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
MichelleS
Imagineer

Do you still get an amenity pack on virgin pe?

1996 Music - 2004 Sports - 2006 Movies & POR - 2007 Loews Miami Beach & Buena Vista Palace
2008 Fairfield Inn / St Augustine / POR - 2011 Springhill Suites LBV
Aug 2022 Disney All Stars (with Grandchildren)
MichelleS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
hermione25
VIP Dibber

Yep. Did on Sunday. New zip bag but usual contents; eye mask, socks, toothbrush and toothpaste 👍🏻
Old 23 Apr 19, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
MichelleS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by hermione25 View Post
Yep. Did on Sunday. New zip bag but usual contents; eye mask, socks, toothbrush and toothpaste 👍🏻
Thank you 😊

1996 Music - 2004 Sports - 2006 Movies & POR - 2007 Loews Miami Beach & Buena Vista Palace
2008 Fairfield Inn / St Augustine / POR - 2011 Springhill Suites LBV
Aug 2022 Disney All Stars (with Grandchildren)
MichelleS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Impossible to answer without knowing what the extra is.

We’ve been able to get PE a few times (US to UK) for under £100 per person, which is worth it to me.

I don’t think I’d pay much more than that, to be honest.
Old 23 Apr 19, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We originally booked economy , way back last May for this May (TC)

I then checked three or four times a week for PE prices to drop

IN NOVEMBER last year PE came in at an additional £95 for the three of us for the inbound leg. I booked. Continued to watch prices fluctuate from week to week. I February this year outbound PE suddenly dropped to an additional £100. Once I'd been refunded my seat purchases in economy etc I paid approx £450 each PE return which I was comfortable with

Edited at 06:00 PM.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Question

Originally Posted by karen1980 View Post
We are flying with virgin so will need to check how much extra it will be. But with all that’s said seems like it’s worth paying the extra just need to find out when’s best to look as we have a gone through an agent. Can I upgrade with virgin? or would I have to go back to the agent who booked our flights?
Hi Karen, I believe upgrades must be done via the booking agent, which may be a tad pricey, or, wait until you arrive at the airport and ask their upgrade price. In 2012 we paid £254pp to upgrade outbound at Man airport, that was off-peak which may make upgrade prices season relative.

It's personal preference, we're VA PE flyers due to the 21" of width in a bigger, comfortable seat. Unfortunately VA have cut their PE width by 2.5" on the new A350-1000 aircraft, due to service LHR routes. Hopefully VA keep the A330's on Man routes as, for us, an extra 1" of width doesn't make PE.