Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 23 Apr 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
stuiedo
Proud to wear my Ears

Alamo Premium SUV - What did I get?

Hi all,

Just got back from Florida and thought I would update on the car topic many seem to be interested in.

Please NOTE: this is for Tampa Airport, Alamo.

Arrived and was asked what class I had, and said Premium Elite SUV. The choices were the smaller Cadillac and Lincoln SUV's, plus the large Infinity, which is ugly! Plus a Volvo XC90. I really wanted something big and american and had a quick look in the large SUV line. A couple of Surburban's, but that was about it. Stock at Tampa is naturally no where near as much as Orlando. I spoke to the attendant about downgrading to a full size and he said there would likely be an additional cost. To be honest I couldnt be bothered to argue with him, so took the Volvo XC90, as had three rows of seats and was decent spec. It was in good nick, but had done 24k miles, which is quite high from my experience. The next day I was contemplating taking back and 'swapping out' as again my heart had been set on something big and american. Decided against it in the end as didnt want to waste any of my holiday, and to be honest found the car very comfy and nice to drive. plenty of space, and lots of kit - the car could literally drive itself on the highway!

Premium Elite SUV choice is a bit more restrictive in Tampa, however I checked the paperwork when I handed the car back and it was actually classed as a Luxury Elite SUV. So strangely he didnt like the thought of me downgrading to a full size, but was happy for me to upgrade to a Luxury Elite. It all comes down to whats there when you arrive.

I had a peek when I dropped off and they had a couple of Jag F Paces, plus also a high spec Ford Expedition for full size which looked very nice. So all different choices from when i arrived.

In summary, its more a niche car so wont have as much choice, but generally you will still have a decent car whatever.
stuiedo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Anfield Red
Excited about Disney

Thanks for posting,i am going on April 29th and will be collecting a premium SUV at MCO via Alamo Brits so will update on what i get.
April 2006 Villa Weston Hills DIY
Oct 2011 Villa Glenbrook Resort TCD
May 2014,2016,2018,2019,2020 Heron Villa Orange Tree

/B]
Anfield Red is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
grumpybri
VIP Dibber

Thanks for posting on your experience on the situation on premium SUV line up.
I had a XC90 last year in this category and was very pleased with it.
At least with Alamo you get a choice. I would hate to go back to the bad old days and be fighting off the hard sell at the counter and given some tat off the lot.
Cheers,
Old 24 Apr 19, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Last time I went with Alamo at TPA I had only booked a tahoe normal suv.
They only had a Yukon XL top of the range and I was more than happy with that
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 19, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

Bumping to see what others have got in the Premium SUV Category
Old 30 Apr 19, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
grumpybri
VIP Dibber

Picked my Alamo premium SUV yesterday from MCO at around 18:00 and got a Jaguar F-Pace. 3.0 litre, full leather, working sat nav and 4000 miles on the clock. Very nice to drive and very rapid with 340bhp. Not the biggest of cars and only just manages two large cases and two hand luggage in the boot, but there is only two of us so no issue.
Car is tagged as a WFAR, so a luxury SUV.
Old 30 Apr 19, 03:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Anfield Red
Excited about Disney

Alamo premium suv from MCO today was given the keys to a Range Rover evoque but as we are 4 adults with 4 large cases we were unable to get the forth case in so went back to the office in the garage and was then given the keys to a Ford Explorer Limited class SRAR,has only done 2,000 miles and is full leather with working satnav so happy with this SUV as it is @ seven seater so put down the last set of seats and got the four cases in .The Premium suv price was cheaper than a full size suv that I have ended up with so I am happy with that.
April 2006 Villa Weston Hills DIY
Oct 2011 Villa Glenbrook Resort TCD
May 2014,2016,2018,2019,2020 Heron Villa Orange Tree

/B]
Anfield Red is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Stringaa
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Good to know, thanks for the updates! Think I’d be happier with the F Pace out of those two. Looking forward to Sunday and seeing what I get 😊
Stringaa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 19, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Avioman
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile

Grumpybri any chance you could post some pictures would be interested to see interior and trim level. Do you think it would be big enough to carry 4 adults and 1 child?
Thanks
Avioman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 19, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

Might be worth differentiating between premium SUV (chevy surburban) or premium SUV (x3). There seems to be a few posts confusing the two. Latter being a premium elite SUV.
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List