Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 24 Apr 19, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mc-bige
a Friend of the DIBB

thanks for all the replies, it will be around 3pm when i get behind the wheel , i've driven in Orlando before and pretty much every time use the toll roads because i'm arriving later than afternoon. Just wondered if people use other roads than toll roads. paying for them is secondary really. its not much.
mc-bige is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mc-bige View Post
thanks for all the replies, it will be around 3pm when i get behind the wheel , i've driven in Orlando before and pretty much every time use the toll roads because i'm arriving later than afternoon. Just wondered if people use other roads than toll roads. paying for them is secondary really. its not much.
The answer to your question is probably that very few people avoid the tolls on a journey to/from the airport. It is probably one of the few journeys on toll roads many tourists make.
Old 24 Apr 19, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Warkman58 View Post
Yes,
We come out via the south road, and join the 192 further down near Kissimmee.
I have done this route a few times very easy to navigate without a navigation device.
Old 24 Apr 19, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Greyfriars
Imagineer

Mobile

Why, just Why? All the toll free routes from the airport are busy and frustrating! The very last thing anybody needs after a long flight is to be stuck in traffic.
We arrived on Sunday and the I 4 has been closed twice!
The holiday costs thousands, avoiding a few dollars toll charge is just pointless. 😮
Old 25 Apr 19, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

I pay thousands for the holiday, so a few dollars used on tolls is nothing, if it makes my life easier.
After all I’m going to be paying a few lots of $25 per day to park at Disney!

Alamos Tollpass system for me every time
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

A lot of this could be down to not having change. Many of us land at Orlando just with notes and no change and I know you need change for at least one the tolls as it is not manned.

Luckily boyfriend found a great big bag of change in his flight bag last night and $125 in notes that he forgot he had - wahoo!

After a long flight I would take the easiest route - I wouldn't want to be joining the I4 at any time of the day tbh!
Old 25 Apr 19, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Warkman58 View Post
Yes,
We come out via the south road, and join the 192 further down near Kissimmee.
I have used this route and would again as long as I didn't catch the rush hour on 192.
Old 25 Apr 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
A lot of this could be down to not having change. Many of us land at Orlando just with notes and no change and I know you need change for at least one the tolls as it is not manned.

Luckily boyfriend found a great big bag of change in his flight bag last night and $125 in notes that he forgot he had - wahoo!

After a long flight I would take the easiest route - I wouldn't want to be joining the I4 at any time of the day tbh!
The first tolls are manned so as long as you have cash and ask for change this isn't an issue.