Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 25 Apr 19, 06:44 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by shack69 View Post
I always vote and this time it does seem pointless and I don't think our goverment are doing anything in our favour with regards to brexit . I've not heard any euro mep come out and show they are helping in the process either. So this time I'm voting for all the canidates in the hope that is classed as a spoilt vote as I believe they have to report the number of spolit votes and if lots of people do it it may send a message.
I really wish you were right but I think the majority of MPs are so disconnected from the voters they don't give a monkey's! Our MP is a deputy Speaker which means she doesn't vote in any debates so I feel completely unrepresented. I have met her and she is very personable and pleasant but as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

We have local elections on 3rd May as well.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 06:52 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

For the first time ever I have donated to a party;the Brexit party. It needs money to get up and running and run a good campaign. Hoping they do very well, finger’s crossed. Cannot vote for them in the local elections but if we go down the route of preposterously having EU elections.

Edited at 06:54 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

I will vote in the local elections on the way to the airport but we only have a choice of two Tory candidates and one Labour candidate in this local election and we need to elect two people. Trouble is local issues and national issues always get muddled up in local elections.
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 06:59 AM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Am I being a bit dim here but once we leave the EU the Euro MPs will be out of a job and Farage and his mob will be a pointless excuse for a party!

Or am I not getting it!
Old 25 Apr 19, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TractorBoy View Post
Am I being a bit dim here but once we leave the EU the Euro MPs will be out of a job and Farage and his mob will be a pointless excuse for a party!

Or am I not getting it!
You are not getting it.

They WANT to be out of a job. Their job is to ensure that they are out out of a job.
Old 25 Apr 19, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TractorBoy View Post

Or am I not getting it!
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
You are not getting it.

They WANT to be out of a job. Their job is to ensure that they are out out of a job.
That is exactly it... but this whole process has been such a mess they'd better prepare to be in a job for a while. That's why I'm not voting for any of that mob -

I actually want to vote in people who WILL represent us in the EU. We may be in there still for some time to come.

No point spoiling votes or voting for people who want us "out of Europe" - we need representation. For now we are still in the EU , no point cutting off our noses to spite our face .
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
That is exactly it... but this whole process has been such a mess they'd better prepare to be in a job for a while. That's why I'm not voting for any of that mob -

I actually want to vote in people who WILL represent us in the EU. We may be in there still for some time to come.

No point spoiling votes or voting for people who want us "out of Europe" - we need representation. For now we are still in the EU , no point cutting off our noses to spite our face .
I also think people should take it seriously because Brexit party or not the U.K. is stil in the EU, Brexit obviously no longer means Brexit therefore whatever your thought on Brexit or the EU, the U.K. needs representatives that act on the UKs behalf, ot just to be disruptive, nobody benefits from that part from the MEPs on £90K .

If people don’t vote then they’ll get the representation they deserve, a rubbish one like Farage.

I agree with the stupidity of voting for an institution that people voted to leave but it is what it is.

Edited at 07:52 AM.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

My son is up for election at the local council. I'm just hoping he does well. He's spent a lot of time knocking on doors and speaking to people. It's his first time and he said he tried to answer their questions as best he could.
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Neil & Stella
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by Warkman58 View Post
This is now more than “just” the referendum vote, it’s now about the peopke vs politicians, rather like the yellow vests in France
Would be the yellow vests that sprayed 'JUDEN' on a Jewish shop front in Paris? Yet if anyone in this country shows support for Palestine or critisises the Israeli government they are label anti-semitic.

Meanwhile we have the likes of the rabid anti-islamic hate preacher and poundshop Moseley Tommy Robinson, aka Stephen Yaxley-Lennon standing for UKIP. Double standards much.

Farage signing up Jacob Rees-Moggs sister to speak for the masses and Anne Widdecombe throwing in with the new party, because the Tories aren't right wing enough for her.

Is supporting these people likely to put you on the right side of history?

One of us will be on the right side and it could be many years before we find out, but I'll bet it's not you.

I only wish I lived in the Sheffield area and could vote for Magid Magid in the Euro elections.
Old 25 Apr 19, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
For the first time ever I have donated to a party;the Brexit party.
Money? All donations to Nige’s pension pot gratefully received. 😂
Omega1 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread