Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 24 Apr 19, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Garyjbodle
Gone all Goofy

Magic Kingdom Halloween 4pm to midnight

My family of 5 have never been to Orlando and we want to visit Magic Kingdom for the first time. We will visit the park around 22nd to 27th Oct - haven't committed date yet.

My question is...do I buy a normal day ticket and spend the whole day or do I opt for the Halloween ticket allowing entrance from 4pm to midnight?

I guess it depends on a few factors for me. Which is cheaper? Day or Halloween ticket. Secondly - How busy is the Halloween for queuing up rides (remember we probably go say 24th Oct)? Thirdly...do we need to dress up? Fourthly - who gets to see the night fireworks - only those with halloween tickets?

As you guess I basically want my 3 kids to go on all the main rides and want to assess whether normal tickets or the Halloween ticket is better for this to happen?

I should add that the main driver for me to decide is which has the less queuing up times? I am hoping the Halloween tickets?

Sorry for all the questions!

Edited at 02:27 PM.
Garyjbodle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I think the party ticket will be cheaper but you would need to check . The rides during mnsshp are walk ons , no fastpass after 6pm , so you are likely to get more done . We’ve always gone 31st October and never queued more than 10 mins apart from minetrain which I think is 1 hr minimum no mater when you go . you also get the candy trails and everyone gets a bag ( or multiple ) as there is no limit to what you collect so great for the kids . It’s a special firework show (rumour it may be slightly different to previous years) so different to happily ever after . You don’t need to dress up either, you won’t feel out of place but some of the costumes are really fabulous . Many wear Halloween t shirts .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
kerrie1781
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I would personally choose the Halloween ticket.
You do not have to dress up but it is half the fun. Only people with Halloween tickets get to view the fireworks, parades etc (unless you are viewing fireworks from outside park) - the hocus pocus Sanderson sisters show is AMAZING! There will definitely be less queues at the Halloween party plus you’ll get loads of sweets from trick or treating. I personally think the whole atmosphere is better. I’d recommend not wasting your time queueing for characters though as these are always really long lines! Just concentrate on the rides and watching all the shows. X
kerrie1781 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I agree with the other posters, MNSSHP tickets are the winner for me for all the reasons listed, plus if you go back again you may well get to go to Magic Kingdom but if it's a different time of year, you won't get to do MNSSHP.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Garyjbodle
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Sounds great...I don't understand why the queues are much less. Surely everyone would opt for the Halloween party tickets. Is it limited tickets only as in much less than the days ones?
Garyjbodle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Originally Posted by Garyjbodle View Post
Sounds great...I don't understand why the queues are much less. Surely everyone would opt for the Halloween party tickets. Is it limited tickets only as in much less than the days ones?
Yes it’s limited but Because there is no fastpass the queues just move more smoothly imo , plus many people go to meet rare characters , parade and fireworks more than the rides , especially locals .
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Yes pretty much, ticket numbers are limited and many people who have already spent a fortune on their WDW tickets may not want to spend more on an evening event at a park they can get into every day anyway.

Often when we're just out for a week in October we don't buy WDW tickets but will just buy the MNSSHP ticket instead, we did it last October, the party is always a highlight of the trip for us

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Garyjbodle
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Another question, is it best to book the Halloween tickets directly from Disney or via a discounted firm?
Old 24 Apr 19, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Another question, is it best to book the Halloween tickets directly from Disney or via a discounted firm?
With whoever is cheapest really , They are £91.12 ( 25/27 oct) with Orlando attraction tickets and you can pay a deposit , with Disney you pay in full . Both will link in to your mde account .
Sept 24 POFQ
Old 24 Apr 19, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
kerrie1781
slightly serious Dibber

Again, whoever is cheapest, but if you wait until a bank holiday, you will usually find that tickets have a bit of a discount (even if it’s 5.00 off) - I usually book with attraction tickets direct, can’t fault them!
kerrie1781 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List