bLaZeR666_uk
Master Dibber

bLaZeR666_uk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 22
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Having booked villas for the last 10 years however this year we are going purely hotel only.

We booked a suite type hotel last year we found this far more convenient for our needs.

I found a villa with a pool although is nice it has its downsides, the pool being small and the lack of regular room type service.

I was totally blown over by the Double Tree suites (we paid $70 a night for it) as we had 2 massive on suite bed rooms and a lounge with a full kitchen area. It was total bliss as we had clean towels every day! we could also buy food and cook it ourselves if we wanted. The pool shut at 22.00 and was huge along with some slides and other fun stuff!

I think this will be the way forward for us now as we have grown tired of Villas mainly due to the lack of facilities and the location. By the time we have finished in the parks and had something to eat in the evening its around 8pm so we only spend a couple of hours actually lounging around in the Villa. (No such thing as rest days as the whole holiday is a rest! )

I never thought I would go back to hotels but here we are! I will always book a suite now but I would prefer a villa over a single room in a hotel.

Edited at 06:15 PM.
bLaZeR666_uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 15, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Villa every time for us, I love the extra space and somewhere to store all my shopping but I don't use the kitchen apart from to make a cuppa, I'm on holiday so no cooking we eat out all the time.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 15, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post

We stayed at a hotel in our first visit but we've been staying in villas ever since our 2010. It's much more convenient for us. Comfortable too.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 15, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Jamthemackem
Excited about Disney

We have done both but it's villas all the way for us. So much better than being stuck in one room. Love having our own space with pool etc
Jamthemackem is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 15, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We've comprised as we liked the idea of a villa and couldn't cope with the thought of us all in two bedrooms so we've gone for a 3 bed apartment at LBV village & spa.
Old 23 Mar 15, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Letterhead
Serious Dibber

Letterhead's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

It depends on the situation. As there's just the two of us, a hotel room isn't cramped, and so the location trumps unnecessary room. However as a group that contains 3 adults or more I would want the extra room. However I'd go for an apartment in a decent location over a villa still. In a large group villa would win every time.
Letterhead is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 15, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post

VILLA we have been 6 times and always had a villa although this year we are staying in a hotel on I drive as there is only the 2 of us
Old 9 Apr 15, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
travelmam
Imagineer

I had to vote for Disney hotels as this is the only accommodation we have stayed in. I like other people of said like the social feel.

1996 All Star Sports (Florida) 1998 Sheraton Anaheim (California)
2001 Carousel Anaheim (California) 2007 Disney's Port Orleans Riverside (Florida)
2009 Sheraton Park, Anaheim (California)

2009 - California On A Shoestring - Trip Report
2012 Azul Sensatori, Riviera Maya (Mexico) 2013 El Dorado Seaside Suites, Riviera Maya (Mexico)
2015 All Star Sports (Florida) 2016 Anantara Hotel & Resorts (Dubai)
2016 Azul Sensatori, (Jamaica)
travelmam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 15, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
yehacantwait
Excited about Disney

Cant decide really. Have done all three and they all have their good points and bad points, but not enough to say one is better than the other.
yehacantwait is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 15, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
florida babe
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by LoveHolidays View Post
Villa every time, we love to have our own space. Since we've been a few times relaxing at the pool is a big part of the holiday for us and we don't visit a park every day.

I've never quite understood the poeople who say that the holiday accommodation is just a bed for the night, it's so much more than that for us.
With you on this. Our accomodation is a big part of our holiday too x
florida babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List