Old 25 Aug 15, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
DLS1005
Imagineer

DLS1005's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

What a brilliant read! We will be first time cruisers next year so it's great to read all your tips!

*2013 - Villa, Seasons Blvd**2011- Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando**2009 - VIlla, Seasons Blvd**2003 - Best Western(The Econolodge Inn)**1999 - MIC Lakefront**1998 - Movieland Hotel*
DLS1005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 15, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickeys Mrs
Imagineer

How do we request to be seated separately for dinner. My husband hates eating in front of others and I want him to be able to enjoy the food

DLP 2002 & 2010
WDW 2003, 2006, 2009, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2022, 2023 (solo trip) & 2024
Mickeys Mrs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 15, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Welcome back Jason, lovely read very informative, something I would like hubby to consider doing
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 15, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by jillywilly View Post
Welcome back Jason, lovely read very informative, something I would like hubby to consider doing
Couldn't have put it better myself!
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 15, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Brilliant report! Thank you so much for writing this - such an informative and honest piece of writing.
I was cringing reading the lows, particularly about people pushing and shoving to get to the shows etc - I'd absolutely hate that - but by the time I'd finished reading the rest I was determined to go! As you know I've booked our first cruise (4 nights) for next August so its really good to go into this without rose tinted specs on.
I'm really looking forward to hearing all about Castaway Cay when you get time to write it. (I'd love to do the 5K too!).
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 15, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
Oh right OK will have to keep an eye out! On my last cruise it was like nothing started til 9 and by then I had had about 10 coffees lol.
The annoying thing is, we are normally early risers! At WDW we are out by 7 most days, but swimming with dolphins and climbing waterfalls really took it out of us, so we needed a small lie in!

Well that's OK. I look far too weird trying to run that I think I might try and walk it! Looking forward to your report though to get some more info. From what I've read its an hour they leave people out there and I think I can walk it in that time just not 100% sure.
There was a woman trying to run in a huge hat, flip flops and carrying a handbag, so I'm sure you wont look weirder than that! I think you'd be ok power walking, but I don't think anyone could do it in the time frame by just walking slowly. Don't forget the heat instantly makes it 10 times harder. Definitely have a go though - the worst that could happen is you don't get to the end in time. Not really the end of the world!

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 15, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Valentine
Imagineer

Mrs Valentine's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 21
Brilliant report, thanks for sharing.

DisneyJulie
Mrs Valentine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 15, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
Thanks everyone -so glad you find it helpful! Please do feel free to ask any questions for answers with a first timers perspective!

If anyone is on the fence about doing a Disney Cruise, definitely go. We were very much on the fence about doing it, and are SO glad we did. We never thought cruising would appeal to us, so if we loved it, you will too!

Originally Posted by Mickeys Mrs View Post
How do we request to be seated separately for dinner.
On the DCL website, there is a "Contact Us" link at the bottom. I filled in the form (reservation number, name etc) and just asked in the message section. I got an e-mail a few days later to say it wasn't guaranteed, but they'd try and accommodate us...and they did!

Originally Posted by daffodil92 View Post
Brilliant report! Thank you so much for writing this - such an informative and honest piece of writing.
I was cringing reading the lows, particularly about people pushing and shoving to get to the shows etc - I'd absolutely hate that - but by the time I'd finished reading the rest I was determined to go! As you know I've booked our first cruise (4 nights) for next August so its really good to go into this without rose tinted specs on.
I'm really looking forward to hearing all about Castaway Cay when you get time to write it. (I'd love to do the 5K too!).
No problem, I'm glad you found it helpful! Some of the lows weren't particularly nice - we did not enjoy the pushing and shoving outside the theatre, but although it looks like a long list of lows here, you need to remember that lasted for about 10 minutes of an otherwise amazing day. The highs definitely far outweighed the lows, so please don't let them put you off! You will have an amazing cruise. We're already discussing which itinerary we will do next!

Working on the Castaway Cay report right now!

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 15, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickeys Mrs
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Imagineer2802 View Post
On the DCL website, there is a "Contact Us" link at the bottom. I filled in the form (reservation number, name etc) and just asked in the message section. I got an e-mail a few days later to say it wasn't guaranteed, but they'd try and accommodate us...and they did!
Thank You, i'm off to do it now, cheers lovely xx

DLP 2002 & 2010
WDW 2003, 2006, 2009, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2022, 2023 (solo trip) & 2024
Mickeys Mrs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 15, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Great Highs & lows, glad you enjoyed the cruise, happy planning for your next one
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List