Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 25 Jun 19, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Gingerskeet
Proud to wear my Ears

Visiting Boardwalk

Hi I have searched for answers without success so apologies if it has been answered before.

Have been researching what do so and The Disney Boardwalk looks like a lovely way to maybe spend a few hours but just wondering how to get there - can we drive to the resort and park there or do I have to go into a main parking area and use Disney transportation to get there?

Thanks
G
Clear Creek 2001. Windsor Hills 2003. I-Drive 2004. Sunset Lakes 2005. Indian Creek 2006. Runaway Beach Club 2007. Rolling Hills 2008. I-Drive 2009. Sunset Lakes 2010. Primrose Drive 2015. Emerald Island 2019.
Gingerskeet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Over the 15+ years that we've been on the DIBB parking at resorts for non-residents has led to some emotive responses. Ranging from you need an ADR to park for three hours to just rock up and say you want a walk round. All I'll say is that it's a very busy resort that holds regular conventions and parking is often challenging even if you're a resident.

Anyway back to what we always do. Never stayed on site in any WDW resorts but visit loads every holiday.

Park up free at DS and catch a bus. The same bus goes to S&D, Y&B and Boardwalk. Stay on bus for the Boardwalk or get off earlier and get the free boat over.

However you should note that this bus doesn't start running until 11am to stop people parking free at DS and walking to EPCOT from Boardwalk.

Mick

Edited at 11:18 AM.
mick is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
AnnieB
Imagineer

Last year we booked lunch at Beaches & Cream and walked there from Epcot. It was a fun excursion and a nice break from the park.
AnnieB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

They supposedly tightened up on day visitors, albeit last summer the barrier wasnt even down when I was there and I wasn't asked who I was when I drove in (I was staying a Boardwalk). That was before they sorted out who took the money though.
Best bet is either go on the bus as Mick above, or tag it onto an Epcot trip, and walk out the back via International Gateway just past the UK.
Old 25 Jun 19, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
florenceandmary
Trainee Dibber

We visited the Boardwalk in 2017 as off site guests and we not allowed to park on site. There was parking across the road so it wasn't too troublesome for us and was worth it to buy a drink in the general store and sit on the benches as my nieces and nephews ran around.
florenceandmary is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by florenceandmary View Post
We visited the Boardwalk in 2017 as off site guests and we not allowed to park on site. There was parking across the road so it wasn't too troublesome for us and was worth it to buy a drink in the general store and sit on the benches as my nieces and nephews ran around.
Up until about 4 or 5 years ago we always used to park in what was known as the "overspill" behind the gas station. You crossed the road and walked up past the convention centre.

There was a barrier but it was always up and it was suggested that it was for CM parking only although we were never challenged. But then on our last attempt to park there we saw large "CM parking only" signs and a security guy driving round enforcing it.

Since then it's been parking at DS for us.

Mick
Old 25 Jun 19, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
fleurbie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Best way we find although we stay on site and don’t drive, is to go over on the boat from Epcot leave through the international gate way and it’s a great afternoon eve, you can get a boat from HW studios as well so if you have had enough if the parks for a few hours but don’t want to go back to your hotel it’s a great choice 😆 it’s very quite in the day and so pretty at night too x
Nov 19 CBR, September 22 BRV, BWV 💕
fleurbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

We visited Boardwalk last year for a breakfast adr at Trattoria al Forno. We were staying onsite so took a bus to HS and walked a very pretty route alongside the river to Boardwalk, then after breakfast and a walk around, we caught the boat back to HS for the rest of the day. It was simple to do and wasn’t too much extra walking (as every day at WDW means at least 20,000 steps anyway 😀 ) Another alternative is bus to Epcot and walk/boat to Boardwalk
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Stuart446
Proud to wear my Ears

Went last evening, just drive to barrier, show security officer driving licence, tell him you are going for a meal at ESPN and he will tell you where to park. We have been several times this trip and had no problems getting in.
Stuart446 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List