Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 17 Mar 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MrsWturns30 View Post
Re- jalapeño pretzels - loves2plan

No sign in AK today ☹️
Aw, that's a shame, but thanks for looking. Really hoping my favourite sweet treat is still available from Starbucks at HS in October though :

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Another great read... Wolfgang puck looks great and is now definitely on my list of places to try 😋
Old 17 Mar 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow Eve’s ice cream looks amazing!

Oh to be in weather where ice cream is needed!

WP meal looks fab too. I keep showing my hubby all the beers yours is indulging in - he’s very jealous, they weren’t included the last time we were on the DDP.

Thanks for the update xx
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

We Ioved WPE. It definitely doesn't feel like a QS meal does it!

We found the food court at POR really busy after 8pm which I found strange. Your doing so well with credits it's giving me hope for the free QSDP next year 😂 xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Eden
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We found the Jalapeño pretzel at Typhoon Lagoon near the kids play area last time
2019 - Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
2024 - Clearwater/Orlando/Cheerleading Competition!
Eden is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Beddy666
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

This has been great reading so far. Giving me so many ideas, loved the Epcot walk round and eat snack credits, they all looked 🤤
Beddy666 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Enjoying keeping up with this
Giving me lots of ideas for June!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great reading again, im now starving anyone else looking forward to the food more than anything else ha ha

ps i'm a northerner and I love gravy and cheese on my chips and if i'm feeling really bad ill sometimes put coleslaw on it too ha ha
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Eden View Post
We found the Jalapeño pretzel at Typhoon Lagoon near the kids play area last time
That's where we found it too. 😃

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsWturns30
Trying for More Ears

Sunday 17th - Epcot & Polynesian

Hi there DIBBers!

Sunday was St Patrick’s Day and our return to the flower and garden festival at Epcot!

I hadn’t appreciated quite how Irish the Americans are! It’s was super busy and a sea of green but DH did manage to source a pint of guiness in the ‘Rose & Crown’ in the UK (there were folk coming out with odd green beer too 🤢 )

I am however jumping ahead!

We decided to have breakfast in resort as we are stacking up the meal credits & didn’t have a fast pass for test track until 10.30. Center town was really busy but we mobile ordered. I figured out today that if you mobile order food is served in takeaway boxes, if you join the queue to order it’s served on a plate.

DH opted for the ‘American breakfast’ - he hated it. The potatoes and sausage were under done, the toast soggy and the eggs are powdered. Needless to say he didn’t eat much.

The kids & I both had Mickey Waffles. You can’t really go wrong with them... although if I were looking to save meal credits the kids meal came with 2 waffles but the adult meal came with 4... you could just order one adult meal and split it. There is an extra sausage in the picture as Jimbo didn’t want his.

A pretty underwhelming meal really, im pleased we bought cereal with us.

Off to Epcot and after our fast passes we hit world showcase again but went the other way round this time!

First on the snack credit hit list were 2 offerings from ‘Canada’

Seared scallops and maple pound cake. These were DHs choice, he would recommend both. I had a taste of the cake, it was served with warm peaches - very tasty!

After picking up his Guiness in the UK we headed to the boulangerie in ‘France’ for lunch for the kids... we had quite a wait, but that was the general theme of the day at Epcot. The kids both had Croque monsiers - used meal credits so one with a bottle of water the other with a mimosa (Buck’s Fizz) for mummy! Also picked up a chocolate mouse dome for DH and a mille feuille (they called it a neopolitan) for me. No complaints from anyone about the food here!

Into Morocco and I picked up a harissa chicken kebab with fruity cous cous as a snack - pretty tasty

And then into Japan I picked up Chicken Karaage with Nanban Sauce - again really tasty

On into America and Eve spotted the funnel cakes, it was considerably cooler than it has been in previous days - so we used a snack credit to get a funnel cake (on plan you can only get the one with sugar - other toppings aren’t included)

Whilst Eve and I waited for that DH found himself a Root Beer float - the addition of ice cream doesn’t distract from the fact it tastes like medicine 😂

That was us well and truly stuffed by that point & the end of our Epcot eating round the world escapades - the only one that I was disappointed to have tried was the honey mascarpone cheesecake, but the queue was just too long to justify keeping the rest of the family hanging around for 🤷🏼

We left Epcot about 4, Jimbo really wanted a ride on the monorail (every time he saw one in the park he would point and shout MONORAIL! ) so we headed away from Epcot to the transportation and ticket centre and changed onto the train that serves MK, the Polynesian, GF and the contemporary. We did a whole loop then got off at the Polynesian to have a nose around at what we could be staying in when we win the lottery 😂

We stayed for dinner at Captain Cooks (their Quick Service eatery). We ordered a margarita flat bread, a Hawaiian flatbread, Pulled Pork Nachos -
topped with Onions, Cheese, Spicy Mayo, Tomatoes and Pineapple Salsa & Pork fried rice for us all to dig into. DH and I also had a tin of locally brewed IPA.

The food was lovely, the nachos especially - these weren’t corn tortilla chips, they were freshly made crisps. The topping worked really well. The IPA was really
‘Hoppy’, DH didn’t finish all his.

Eve and Jimbo both used a snack credit to pick up ‘desert’ to have after they’d done some homework.

Eve picked out a ‘moana’ cupcake - the cupcakes are so massive out here she only managed about a third, mummy finished the rest, it was a beautiful light sponge 😋

And Jimbo and plain old cookie! (He had made a start on this before I remembered to take a pic!)

And that was us done food wise for the day!

So stats for the day
10 QS meals
10 snacks
14000 steps.

You may have noticed that we are just doing Disney this holiday... it is a conscious decision. Last time we visited Florida we hit all the parks - the kids were in pushchairs then so it was easier to have them nap and rest their legs. At 7 & 6 they are a bit old for pushchairs (although I’ve certainly seen larger kids being pushed) so this visit we decided we’d do all the Disney parks twice so we could take our time. The plan being to do universal, Busch gardens etc in a few years time when the kids have done some growing and will be tall enough to hit the coasters with me!

Today we are having a pool morning then off to HS this avo to catch the fireworks.

Edited at 02:45 PM.
MrsWturns30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List