Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Mar 19, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

I would recommend Goldfish Chinese Curry paste to anyone who likes authentic Chinese Curry. It's so easy but you can still make it comparatively healthy. I use it for leftovers from the joint or as a way to get himself to eat Quorn!

Edited at 11:28 PM. Reason: My phone is speaking in tongues!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 19, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
willow
Imagineer

I’m originally from Glasgow but now live in Leeds. Whenever we’re up in Glasgow we always get 4 curry meal deals from my mums local India restaurant to bring back down as the quality is so much better than we can get in Leeds.

Indian Creek 2004,Radison 2005
Indian Creek 2007,Calabry Park 2009
Lake Wilson Preserve 2011,2013, 2015,2016,2017,2018, 2019,2020
willow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 19, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Dougie
Imagineer

Dougie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Living in Birmingham, we are spoilt for curry houses (eat in and TA). Hundreds of them.
Dougie is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 19, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Carol_G
Imagineer

Carol_G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 22
OP, hope you and your mum had a lovely meal together for Mother’s Day.
Carol_G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 19, 06:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
We have a Chinese takeaway in our village and it's awful, it was really good when we moved here just over 3 years ago but has new owners who use that horrible cheap meat that's full of water.
The previous owners also did good fish and chips but the last we bought from there were terrible.

On the plus side someone in the village has started up a Thai takeaway and it's absolutely delicious a bit more expensive but worth it.
Old 1 Apr 19, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Beddy666
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

You can still get a decent takeaway original takeaway Fish and chips 2 for around £15 ish maybe cheaper in some place still for a decent portion!
Beddy666 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 19, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Mobile

We have prawn dishes, at least we know it’s actually prawns and not some other meat, instead of chicken or beef!
Old 1 Apr 19, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I've never had a bad takeaway, the takeaways within a few miles radius of where I live are are all great. The only thing is my favourite Indian doesn't deliver and I can't drive so I tend to stick to Chinese. My favourite Chinese is also a fish and chip shop so I generally have a Chinese meat dish and chip shop chips The owners and staff are all Chinese and about 80% of their stuff is Chinese, there are just a few 'fish and chips' shop type items.

Edited at 03:56 PM.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 19, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

We are spoilt for choice with good indian and chinese within walking distance, but also local fish shop or local pizza.
Cost wise our local india main meal are between £5.50 & £8.00, rice is about £2.50
or

Set Meal for Two

2x papadums and chutney, 1x onion bhaji, 1x sheek kebab mint yoghurt sauce and salad, 1x chicken tikka balti, 1x lamb Rogan, 1x sag aloo side, 1x pilau rice and 1x nan
£23.95
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 19, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
We ate really lucky where I live, we have the choice of two great chippys (proper English ones not Chinese takeaways that ‘do’ fish and chips), two really good Indian restaurants that do takeaways and one of these is a ‘proper’ Indian i.e. not Bangladeshi. We also have a fabulous Thai takeaway. We can get spring rolls, a Thai main each, noodles and rice for about £20 - bargain!
My only gripe is that I love pizza and we have a Dominos but I cannot stand their pizzas and there is a close-ish Papa Johns but they won’t deliver to our house!

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS

Edited at 06:00 PM.
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List